Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 23, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #1,711 of 42,765
  Here are some pictures that I found that show the module that Chord are making for the Mojo.  I think there will be three version, wifi, bluetooth and SD card.  Look like it will also support/hide the CCK cable.  Looks like the USB connectors hols it in place.

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread/1185#post_12008205

I believe a requirement of using the camera kit Apple chip inside your product is complete design disclosure to Apple engineering hardware software the lot. We might be a bit mad but we're not totally crazy. If we had not much technology to hide. Say if we were just using a industry Dac chip we wouldn't have a problem in doing this, but for us today it's a very different story. This is why we will soon offer a plug in module that swallows the official Apple Camera adaptor leaving just the Lightning tale to plug into the I phone.

(emphasis added by me)

Oct 23, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #1,712 of 42,765
Westone UM50Pro did not provide a good match with Mojo. I never liked UM50Pro anyway but the sound become too slow for me. 
Slow ?

Oct 23, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #1,713 of 42,765

Hi anyone can help me here?

I don't seemed to be getting any input from my qp1r to my mojo using this configuration. I just bought the toslink cable and using the adaptor from qp1r. Anyone any idea? Mojo problem? Or wrong type of cable?

Oct 23, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #1,714 of 42,765
Yes we are having a nice case made for us when we have the images and prices I'll post them so you can see it. We are told that black is the very popular colour this year so we are going with only black this time

Thanks for the prompt reply!
Great!!! I will get one as soon as you release the leather case!!! 
L3000.gif

Oct 23, 2015 at 8:12 AM Post #1,715 of 42,765
The add-on looks exactly like it should be. An add-on. And ugly.

Oct 23, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #1,716 of 42,765
Oct 23, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #1,717 of 42,765
  Here are some pictures that I found that show the module that Chord are making for the Mojo.  I think there will be three version, wifi, bluetooth and SD card.  Look like it will also support/hide the CCK cable.  Looks like the USB connectors hols it in place.

Its looks great!
However, I think the connector area is quite weak and prone to damage when bend.
I would suggest to do a metal plate behind to support the module.
I would also love to see a portable player with a touch display module for the Mojo as a standalone unit too! That would be awesome!

Oct 23, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #1,719 of 42,765

Its looks great!
However, I think the connector area is quite weak and prone to damage when bend.
I would suggest to do a metal plate behind to support the module.
I would also love to see a portable player with a touch display module for the Mojo as a standalone unit too! That would be awesome!

I think that these are only 3D printed prototypes that were shown at the launch to show concept.  I'm sure that Frank and the team at Chord will do a great job.

Oct 23, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #1,720 of 42,765
Those pics are of a prototype, not a production component.

Granted but for iDevices, they should have gone for MFI certification. Look at how elegant Oppo HA-2 looks on the connector front. No matter how the Mojo add-on turns out, you know it's an add-on, like phone cases etc.

Oct 23, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #1,721 of 42,765

I think that these are only 3D printed prototypes that were shown at the launch to show concept.  I'm sure that Frank and the team at Chord will do a great job.

I'm sure Chord will do a great job like they always do! 
beyersmile.png

Oct 23, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #1,722 of 42,765

Hi anyone can help me here?

I don't seemed to be getting any input from my qp1r to my mojo using this configuration. I just bought the toslink cable and using the adaptor from qp1r. Anyone any idea? Mojo problem? Or wrong type of cable?
starting question, is the cable generating the red light required for optical?

Oct 23, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #1,724 of 42,765

Those pics are of a prototype, not a production component.

Granted but for iDevices, they should have gone for MFI certification. Look at how elegant Oppo HA-2 looks on the connector front. No matter how the Mojo add-on turns out, you know it's an add-on, like phone cases etc.

Chord are not the kind of company that takes shortcuts. There is a legitimate reason why they chose not to go down the route of MFI certification:

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread/1185#post_12008205

Hope this clarifies the matter.

Oct 23, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #1,725 of 42,765

Users who are viewing this thread

Back