Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 22, 2016 at 4:09 AM Post #16,486 of 42,788
Tried a Windows system restore, but that did not fix the problem.

So, either your Mojo has failed ...

Or Windows, and/or it's byzantine handling of USB and USB audio, has shat itself.

(Seriously ... it needs to re-install device-specific drivers just because you plug the device into a different port ...)

I say this as an ex-Microsoft guy (principal architect).  I have no hard feelings towards MS, even worked directly for Satya for a couple of years, certainly made a fat pile of cash there, but there are somethings they do that just baffle me.

Apr 22, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #16,491 of 42,788
I'm thinking of selling my Mojo/RWAK100/Sysconcepts setup. All in a pelican flight case with foam inserts and a space for your IEMs.
Got all the original boxes and the RWAK100 has a brand new leather case as well,
It sounds sensational, but I'm just not using it enough but I'd appreciate advice on pricing?
Thanks

Apr 22, 2016 at 7:23 AM Post #16,492 of 42,788
  I'm thinking of selling my Mojo/RWAK100/Sysconcepts setup. All in a pelican flight case with foam inserts and a space for your IEMs.
Got all the original boxes and the RWAK100 has a brand new leather case as well,
It sounds sensational, but I'm just not using it enough but I'd appreciate advice on pricing?
Thanks

Good luck with your sale the RWAK100 should be the jewel in the crown

Apr 22, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #16,495 of 42,788
I suspect a lot of the reliability problems with cables may be due not to the cable being badly-made, as such, but more to the continual stresses on them, in use.

Consequently, my guess is that the majority of these problems may cease to occur when the hollow module is released, to shield the cables from any stress (assuming the user doesn't undermine this by regularly connecting and disconnecting Mojo from their DAP/smartphone).

Incidentally, @ 'TheTrace', that cable is included in post #3, but there are several to choose from, anyway.

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #16,497 of 42,788
When your charging the unit does it show a charging light white below the the charging socket ?

Yes, the charging function still works correctly with the white light showing. It would seem everything works correctly except the USB input. But I don't have the right setup to test the toslink or coax inputs.

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #16,498 of 42,788
Is it a bad idea to load and listen at the same time, just after blackout?
My fingers are itching... I may be shaking a little so I can't navigate post 3 right now :)
Also Mython, since I happen to find you here, I wanted to ask which program to rip CDs did you say was the best can't find the post.

Edit: ok found it... Sorry I panicked
Cheers

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #16,499 of 42,788
Mython, since I happen to find you here, I wanted to ask which program to rip CDs did you say was the best can't find the post.

Aside from the obvious factor of what computer platform you happen to use, there are differing opinions as to which programs are best to rip with. Some are slicker and prettier/easier to use, but if the most-accurate rip possible is what you care about, first & foremost, and above all else, the ExactAudioCopy, on windows, is the one to go for. It's GUI is a bit dated and it requires a bit of effort to learn the more intricate aspects of its settings, but it does a superb job when used correctly. I do, however, respect others' preference for other programs that perhaps make life a bit easier, with tagging, etc., or run on platforms other than Windows; different people have different priorities
beerchug.gif

www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/15645#post_12493663

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #16,500 of 42,788
Thanks a lot!
So I will try ExactAudioCopy.
Guess the weekend is set up then, got a few hundred cds to rip...

Also thanks for subtly making my quote look more eloquent :D

CHEERS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back