Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 14, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #15,977 of 42,765
In terms of pure sound quality, how does the Mojo compare to the Grace M9xx and the Arcam irDAC?  I am really stuck between these 3 for my next upgrade, coming from an HRT Microstreamer and driving Hifiman HE560s.  Does the Mojo have enough juice for the Hifimans?  If not, I'd invest in a Gustard H10 if needs be.

Apr 14, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #15,978 of 42,765
   Does the Mojo have enough juice for the Hifimans?

my main options are HE-400i, HE-560, AKG K712 or Audeze EL-8. I'm looking for an open headphone for all types of music. For EDM  and Gaming I have the V-moda Crossfade Wireless

"TusOjillos Negros - Camaron de La Isla" + Mojo ..... big big big sound

I run the HE-560 from Hugo and it usually stays between the default startup volume "green" and "light blue". The Mojo will happily drive all the options in your list.

Having just listened to the 8 Ensembles in One bit Dsd256 in Jriver 21 through the Mojo and a pair of He-500's my mind is blown..  Absolutely amazing!

What an amazing recording!! Sounds great with Mojo and HE560's.

Thanks for the feedback guys, do think this amp has enough power for my HE 560?

That is what I run and it's plenty to satisfy me.  It plays much louder than I care to listen.

Apr 14, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #15,979 of 42,765
Thank you very much @Mython Have you tried the Grace M9xx?

Apr 14, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #15,981 of 42,765
Thank you, you star! 

Apr 14, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #15,983 of 42,765
Thank you again, @Mython I wasn't being lazy, honest!  I've been researching a number of different products at the same time here and I'm gravitating towards the Mojo more strongly now..  I look forward to reading more - cheers!
beerchug.gif

Apr 14, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #15,984 of 42,765
Hey there,
Just tried to play quad DSD files over my Asus padfone s plus and I almost succeeded, meaning I was able to play a whole album with a tiny glitch every second song or so. Will try to tweak my phone a little more to get to flawless playback.
If that won't work I will dry double DSD...it's great for restricted storage on mobile devices... Relatively :)
Also I found a solution to load my phone while connected to mojo via USB.
I am using a QI charger and first impression were good, meaning I couldn't notice any noise added... It was just a quick listen, though.

Cheers

Apr 14, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #15,986 of 42,765
The interesting event is the RF is gone when I float my palm vertically between Mojo & iPhone. No need to wrap/hold Mojo/iPhone completely. This makes me wonder if there is such thing as RF-blocker type of case. Maybe I'll put pork/beef chop between them.
rolleyes.gif

I'm curious as well, but it's not impossible. iFi Micro DSD spec shows less battery life in ECO mode (ultra-low output for ultra-low impedance stuffs) than in normal mode.

It's your hand absorbing the RF, if you put your hand on the cable RF noise should cease. 

Apr 14, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #15,987 of 42,765
Hey there,
Just tried to play quad DSD files over my Asus padfone s plus and I almost succeeded, meaning I was able to play a whole album with a tiny glitch every second song or so. Will try to tweak my phone a little more to get to flawless playback.
If that won't work I will dry double DSD...it's great for restricted storage on mobile devices... Relatively
smily_headphones1.gif

Also I found a solution to load my phone while connected to mojo via USB.
I am using a QI charger and first impression were good, meaning I couldn't notice any noise added... It was just a quick listen, though.

Cheers

No restricted storage on my S7 edge, but you will only be able to play albums you own and tidal bitperfect to Mojo, all else will be upsampled by androids stupid native upsampling.

Apr 14, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #15,989 of 42,765
@IKE:
Yeah that's a little downside of Android. But since I mostly listen to music I own or Tidal Hifi I can live with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back