Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 14, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #15,991 of 42,765
  Anyone tried mojo with Grado 325e?  Im thinking about trying open cans again now i have this

Yes, great pairing! ....as with every headphone I tried the Mojo with :wink: 

Mojo drives everything just great, even my Senns HD800 as well as tiny IEMs.. it's an all-in-one-wonder really ... especially the HD800 or the 325e sound smooth and delicate but with lots of prat and power

I think the incredible dynamic range of the Mojo is one of its greatest strengths.. by that I not only mean that it can drive nearly every headphone properly, but how it portraits the dynamic range of a song with a given headphone, i.e. the loud and low volume bits of a song. If you listen to classic or other not DR-compressed music with a good headphone you will immidiately notice, that the mojo can do something that other DACs and amps can't. The way the mojo sends sounds from near to far or brings sound from the deep back to front is amazing. The sound travels very naturally.
I think this wide DR is responsible for the deep-3D-soundstage and "musical reality"

Apr 14, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #15,992 of 42,765

No restricted storage on my S7 edge, but you will only be able to play albums you own and tidal bitperfect to Mojo, all else will be upsampled by androids stupid native upsampling.

Grrrrrr hate Android Upsampling, I'm sure there is a reason why they do this

Anyone tried mojo with Grado 325e?  Im thinking about trying open cans again now i have this

Great pairing for me

Apr 14, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #15,994 of 42,765
I think they do it because it gives the illusion that it sounds better... Us audiophile type music experts know better.
wink.gif

L3000.gif

Apr 14, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #15,996 of 42,765
  No restricted storage on my S7 edge, but you will only be able to play albums you own and tidal bitperfect to Mojo, all else will be upsampled by androids stupid native upsampling.

Do you mean Samsung are preventing people from installing UAPP etc. to circumvent Androids native upsampling?

Apr 14, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #15,997 of 42,765
Ly LG G4 died of bootloop last week, so it is now with LG to get it fixed. Had to live 4 hours without a phone and that almost killed me! Grabbed a Nexus 6P outright in a hurry, which I absolutely love, but there's one small issue with it: Type C port. None of my half dozen micro USB OTG cables and adapters work. I tried, of course, all of them, but the problem is they all need to plug into the phone and that's not possible. This new port is great, charging the phone in no time with a blasting 3.5A power adapter, but when it comes to plugging the Mojo it just a pain... Lucky my Onkyo DP-X1 does such a nice job! Any recommendations for Type C OTG cable?

Apr 14, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #15,998 of 42,765
  Ly LG G4 died of bootloop last week, so it is now with LG to get it fixed. Had to live 4 hours without a phone and that almost killed me! Grabbed a Nexus 6P outright in a hurry, which I absolutely love, but there's one small issue with it: Type C port. None of my half dozen micro USB OTG cables and adapters work. I tried, of course, all of them, but the problem is they all need to plug into the phone and that's not possible. This new port is great, charging the phone in no time with a blasting 3.5A power adapter, but when it comes to plugging the Mojo it just a pain... Lucky my Onkyo DP-X1 does such a nice job! Any recommendations for Type C OTG cable?

like this? -----> http://www.amazon.com/Type-C-Cable-quality-Female-Black/dp/B00SHM4HS4

Apr 14, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #16,000 of 42,765
Do you mean Samsung are preventing people from installing UAPP etc. to circumvent Androids native upsampling?

i can install and use on my note 4

Apr 14, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #16,001 of 42,765

i can install and use on my note 4

Sorry,  I meant on the S7 edge, as per  iKE1985's remark, to which I was responding

Cheers, anyway

Apr 14, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #16,002 of 42,765

like this? -----> http://www.amazon.com/Type-C-Cable-quality-Female-Black/dp/B00SHM4HS4

Nice, but that will require a 2nd cable (the one included in Mojos box).

I think sabloke is probably seeking a single-cable solution

Apr 14, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #16,003 of 42,765
Hello Rob,

If 2 micro usb otg cable have exact same RF noise, then can we assume that the SQ will be same for both OTG cables ?

Apr 14, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #16,004 of 42,765

​Actually it's ATT and one other company will not let you root some android devices, maybe others.  I tried to root my note 4 through ATT, went to the root page, and right there in black and white it says ATT and one other company won't let you root.  Definitely switching in a few months when the contract runs out.!

Apr 15, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #16,005 of 42,765
Before I take my Mojo back to the dealer for them to check out, has anyone experienced an issue where the USB input suddenly stops working? It was working earlier, then had to unplug my iPhone to go to a meeting and by the time I came back and plugged in again, the phone would not detect the Mojo. The power light on the Mojo shows red. I went home and plugged it into my computer which was working fine with the Mojo the night before and same issue where it doesn't detect the Mojo.

I've tried rebooting the iPhone and computer, turned on/off the Mojo, and changing cables. Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back