Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 13, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #15,931 of 42,765
  I think the issue is different, like i can watch a movie and watch youtube and that will work fine. But if i load up anything that takes ASIO control i get no youtube etc. Thats regardless of if i open it after or not, it will not play in any combination. If i watch youtube and open my software, it kills the yourtube video and takes control. If i play youtube when i have my software open, it wont even run the video it just doesnt respond.

Hence despite it being good ill have to bin the mojo and go back to a proper audio interface i think 

Oh, I never tried that. I just did now and yes it happens with mine. I tried a Youtube vid and had it running. I opened JRiver for a bit and the Youtube continued playing. Then when I hit play music on JRiver, it stopped Youtube sound and video playback. It started playing the track in JRiver.

It must mean that WASAPI or ASIO take preference. If I do it the other way around and play music in JRiver and then hit a Youtube vid; different result. The music keeps playing, and the Youtube plays, but no sound.

That's it then. If you want to go from WASAPI or ASIO, you need to close that app. To move to (Windows default) Direct Sound and play Youtube. Or Steam games which some have been discussing over this.

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #15,932 of 42,765

Hope you know I wasn't been deeply, darkly serious, there; just gently making a point
beerchug.gif

For some people, forever buying more gear is an addiction, much like gambling

Neither was I

Just couldn't help myself 
wink_face.gif

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #15,933 of 42,765

Oh, I never tried that. I just did now and yes it happens with mine. I tried a Youtube vid and had it running. I opened JRiver for a bit and the Youtube continued playing. Then when I hit play music on JRiver, it stopped Youtube sound and video playback. It started playing the track in JRiver.

It must mean that WASAPI or ASIO take preference. If I do it the other way around and play music in JRiver and then hit a Youtube vid; different result. The music keeps playing, and the Youtube plays, but no sound.

That's it then. If you want to go from WASAPI or ASIO, you need to close that app. To move to (Windows default) Direct Sound and play Youtube. Or Steam games which some have been discussing over this.

Cheers, ill probably just sell it as this is far too much aggravation i didnt have before for a simple task! but thanks for your help

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #15,934 of 42,765

Hope you know I wasn't been deeply, darkly serious, there; just gently making a point
beerchug.gif

For some people, forever buying more gear is an addiction, much like gambling

Neither was I

Just couldn't help myself 
wink_face.gif

Originally Posted by M Coupe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do not take advice from this idiot. There I was happy with my Mojo and SE846 combination and M Coupe, my supposed friend, coerces me into getting the KSE1500 a listen and the rest is history. At least I kept my beloved Mojo to feed the KSE.

So true  
evil_smiley.gif

Friends don't let friends stay solvent
biggrin.gif

tongue_smile.gif

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #15,936 of 42,765

Yes, it can be so tempting to buy stuff on Massdrop, because you can feel like you're missing-out on a good deal, but that often isn't true - it just plays upon a known weakness in human psychology, which is exactly why Massdrop has been a successful website!
wink_face.gif

I too have been tempted by their offers but being the impatient type if I do order Ilike to have in my possession ASAP, but I am not too impulsive have managed to avoid the lure.

I will always look though.
L3000.gif

EDIT: Yes you've guess just been having a snoop and survived

Apr 13, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #15,937 of 42,765

Yes, it can be so tempting to buy stuff on Massdrop, because you can feel like you're missing-out on a good deal, but that often isn't true - it just plays upon a known weakness in human psychology, which is exactly why Massdrop has been a successful website!
wink_face.gif

Lol so true. But on the bright side those of us who got our TH-X00s in December have been able to enjoy them for over 4 months now while the latest backers have been waiting much longer for the headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

In the meantime I am listening to Annie Lennox belt out Sweet Dreams (Are made of these) through the Mojo and TH-X00. Epic
biggrin.gif
and today shipped my rare Prince CD and I also got my Norne cable adapter with a locking female 6.3mm.

Apr 13, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #15,939 of 42,765
Guy... i was think... if the Micro USB B to Micro USB B ( otg ) from moon audio ( copper and silver ) have some difference on the quality of the sound that i'll be pass to the Chord mojo?
Because... i have a "normal" micro usb b to micro usb b ( otg ) that cost me about $10, so... on the moon audio have the copper over ( $85 ) and the silver over ( $110 ),
so i really would like to know if some one think or have made some test to determinate if have any difference or not ( on this connection between the Phone ) to the Chord Mojo with this kind of cables.

( i already i'll use the silver dragon cable shure v1 on my se846 ), but the ( OTG silver or copper ) i dont know if wort and i'll have much difference or better results then the default ( normal over $10 ).

Im not judge by the price, if have a great difference so, its justified!

Wait some helps guys! 

Apr 14, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #15,942 of 42,765
Apr 14, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #15,943 of 42,765

That link says directly that it can't be used on the Mojo if you scroll down a bit.

You can purchase the L19 cable from Penon Audio for $31, but it looks like it's out of stock right now. This link can also be found in the third post of the thread. :wink:

http://penonaudio.com/L19-Lightning-to-Micro-USB

I realized that after I asked first question that there was more cables on 3 post. I didn't see them before. I'm wondering why it's so much more expensive. The seller also responded to my post and said they have this available http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/121955742536?
I just would not use it enough to spend that much on it. Also I been looking for the fiio for few weeks and can't find it anywhere. There does look to be another $59 cable on eBay that works to.

Apr 14, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #15,944 of 42,765
I realized that after I asked first question that there was more cables on 3 post. I didn't see them before. I'm wondering why it's so much more expensive. The seller also responded to my post and said they have this available http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/121955742536?
I just would not use it enough to spend that much on it. Also I been looking for the fiio for few weeks and can't find it anywhere. There does look to be another $59 cable on eBay that works to.

My guess is the L19 is produced in higher volume and the other eBay ones aren't.

Apr 14, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #15,945 of 42,765
AK240 + Mojo + Liquid Carbon + ETHER C = Toe tapping while working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back