Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 11, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #15,721 of 42,765
Why not! Mojo although small has about five hundred times the processing power of nearly all desktop Dacs please don't underestimate little mojo.

Not a problem dac wise, but perhaps driving it? Aren't they notorious for being extremely difficult to drive? I don't know nor do I care. I live my Mojo dearly. I'm a believer, and I drank the proverbial Kool aid.

Never thought I'd love the Mojo... But I do.

Apr 11, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #15,722 of 42,765
Great review brother, as always. Read it a few months back. Definitely one of the most in depth reviews a person could experience.

I appreciate the comments, my friend.  Hope all is well!  

Apr 11, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #15,723 of 42,765
I hope the MoJo will drive the Ether C. Some people say they do some people say they sound better with a full desktop amp...
Stuck between CA Dac Magic Plus/Lyr2 and the MoJo.

Apr 11, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #15,724 of 42,765
I hope the MoJo will drive the Ether C. Some people say they do some people say they sound better with a full desktop amp...

Stuck between CA Dac Magic Plus/Lyr2 and the MoJo.

Mojo drives the ETHER C with aplomb. If a user prefers a desktop amp that's a different story, but the Mojo is more than capable and the ETHER C sounds very good from the Mojo.

Apr 11, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #15,725 of 42,765
Mojo drives the ETHER C with aplomb. If a user prefers a desktop amp that's a different story, but the Mojo is more than capable and the ETHER C sounds very good from the Mojo.

Thanks yeah it seems so according to the praise here. I also have a soft spot for Chords design. It's so alienish :)

Apr 11, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #15,726 of 42,765
Thanks yeah it seems so according to the praise here. I also have a soft spot for Chords design. It's so alienish :)

Also, the guys at MrSpeakers like the Mojo so.......

Apr 11, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #15,727 of 42,765
Why not! Mojo although small has about five hundred times the processing power of nearly all desktop Dacs please don't underestimate little mojo.

500x the processing power of near all desk top Dacs.

What does this compare to in value?

I don't know.  

But from reading here, it seems that we are close to Hugo's value inside the tiny Mojo.  

My experience testing DACs (desk top and portable)  is not near what many others here have, but nothing I have tested has come close to Mojo; and this is 'instantly' discerned; not after hours, days or weeks.  This is to say, "it was no contest."

As to Mython's reference to Hugo and tears, I agree.  The musicality should not be underestimated.  I felt the same way with a few different offerings, including the crescendo of what Mojo did with Swan Lake.  

At risk of using the overworn phrases, Mojo allows the music to leave me speechless.  Also as said, the ordinary recordings that come to life...

I wish I had a better vocabulary to describe these moments but the single emotion that always returns:

gratitude. 

Apr 11, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #15,733 of 42,765

500x the processing power of near all desk top Dacs.

What does this compare to in value?

I don't know.  

But from reading here, it seems that we are close to Hugo's value inside the tiny Mojo.  

My experience testing DACs (desk top and portable)  is not near what many others here have, but nothing I have tested has come close to Mojo; and this is 'instantly' discerned; not after hours, days or weeks.  This is to say, "it was no contest."

As to Mython's reference to Hugo and tears, I agree.  The musicality should not be underestimated.  I felt the same way with a few different offerings, including the crescendo of what Mojo did with Swan Lake.  

At risk of using the overworn phrases, Mojo allows the music to leave me speechless.  Also as said, the ordinary recordings that come to life...

I wish I had a better vocabulary to describe these moments but the single emotion that always returns:

gratitude. 

i just can't wait for more modules to come out, i will buy all their modules

as mojo is magical, i totally did not expect to praise the mojo after my issues with the hugo and selling it. the mojo to me is the tiny big brother of the two

Apr 11, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #15,734 of 42,765
The best thing about the Mojo is that when a song begins, you are so quickly moved TO and INTO the music and are consumed by what the artists and the mastering engineer were doing and hearing, before the usual audiophile critiques (read: traps) about bass, mid-range, treble (etc, etc, etc) can even begin to distract you!  Mojo takes you to where the music is, rather then you trying to make the music come to you in the form of wishing for something else more perfect. The difference is so awesome and so freeing! It just sounds "right."

Apr 11, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #15,735 of 42,765

Users who are viewing this thread

Back