Chord Hugo
Jan 1, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #12,631 of 15,694
The nuances of interpreting musicality varies and I don't want to refute anyone's interpretation. The TT is fuller with more bass slam, detail, and it's faster. It's literally better in every way. The most noticable improvement for me are the Mids. They are brought out detail yet smooth. This in itself improves the whole listening experience for my th900. If you like the chord sound as it were, you will love the TT honestly. Over time I may chill with the TT but seriously, and I know this statement on head fi is wishful blasphemy, end game dac amp for my tastes.

Many thanks for your comments.

Jan 1, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #12,632 of 15,694
The same for me.

After one year of using the hugo as standalone and fixed DAC, I always appreciate the Hugo as the best DAC that I listen among the different DACs that I owned (Benchmark, Mytek, Dangerous Music, TOTAL DAC, Bel Canto).

In comparison with the Mojo, the Hugo provides a touch of fidelity and a transparency (ability not to superimpose a signature sound) in particular in the treble that the Mojo does not reach.

To say this in a few word, if I would monitor a recording of an acoustic guitar or an instrument that I made without knowing the sonic signature of the Mojo and of the microphone used, it is likely that I would try another microphones to capture the richness of timbre of the instrument that I would like to record.

Tom, which Bel Canto? - would be interested in your views. I have a dealer who is keen for me to hear the BC2.7 before I go ahead with getting a TT. What do you think?

I respect the dealer, and Bel Canto, from previous experience. OTOH don't see BC referenced much at Head-Fi and agree with all the TT comments.

Jan 1, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #12,633 of 15,694
Tom, which Bel Canto? - would be interested in your views. I have a dealer who is keen for me to hear the BC2.7 before I go ahead with getting a TT. What do you think?

I respect the dealer, and Bel Canto, from previous experience. OTOH don't see BC referenced much at Head-Fi and agree with all the TT comments.

I tested the Bel Canto e.One DAC3.5VB D/A. For my taste, it was not able to reproduce as well as a Hugo the richness and the variety of music instrument in the treble register (for example the richness of the hit-hat or of the cymbals of a drum kit).

Jan 1, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #12,634 of 15,694
If you like the chord sound as it were, you will love the TT honestly. Over time I may chill with the TT but seriously, and I know this statement on head fi is wishful blasphemy, end game dac amp for my tastes.

i agree, end game dac for me as well, i can't seems to be needing an upgrade at all

Jan 1, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #12,635 of 15,694
Jan 1, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #12,637 of 15,694
Jan 1, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #12,638 of 15,694

i agree, end game dac for me as well, i can't seems to be needing an upgrade at all

DAVE  may be :wink:

I bet it is. Rob is definitely on to something and dare i say brilliant in giving folks the ability to hear what is really going on in the music. A you are in there feeling. But you have to live within your comfort zone in discretionary purchasing. Never mind if you are fortunate enough to afford something, sometimes upbringing kicks in, and as i stated in the dave threads, I have come to the understanding that being honest with myself, I had to bow out of dave. now while im tremendously satisfied with my Time on TT ( frankly im addicted) I completely agree and understand that dave would be a next level up. Because of what the TT has accomplished I would state without hesitation, enjoy dave. Thanks to chord i now have a piece of musical heaven. 
( I hope that didnt come off to groupie, Im really not like that, I am a believer tho.)

Jan 2, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #12,640 of 15,694
May I ask a question?

I have owned the Hugo and sell it to normally upgrade for a R2R DAC. Finally I regret this sound! Hugo had a lot of impact, the better transparency I ever heard I like drums and Hugo is the best thing I ever heard.

I plan to buy the Mojo instead of an AK120II for my mobility. I actualy can not have a home system, I am abroad. Is it a good choice for a Hugo lover!

And in a second way I plan when I come back to France to buy a new DAC. I was thinking about the Chord 2Qute. Is it exactly like the Hugo?
The Dave is probably better but out of my budget!

Thanks in advance guys

Jan 2, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #12,641 of 15,694
May I ask a question?

I have owned the Hugo and sell it to normally upgrade for a R2R DAC. Finally I regret this sound! Hugo had a lot of impact, the better transparency I ever heard I like drums and Hugo is the best thing I ever heard.

I plan to buy the Mojo instead of an AK120II for my mobility. I actualy can not have a home system, I am abroad. Is it a good choice for a Hugo lover!

And in a second way I plan when I come back to France to buy a new DAC. I was thinking about the Chord 2Qute. Is it exactly like the Hugo?
The Dave is probably better but out of my budget!

Thanks in advance guys

If you have not got the hint from my posts, desktop get the TT. Can't comment on mojo versus Hugo. I'm Hugo for portability. My two cents as frequent as it is now.:popcorn:

Jan 2, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #12,642 of 15,694

I would like to test the TT but it is not really easy to find it in France in demonstration or to test it.

I read that Rob said that the TT was darker than the Hugo.

Any comments about this ?

Don't forget that the Hugo does not have galvanic isolation.  The Hugo responds accordingly to the electrical purity of the stream.  Very hard to judge from one persons comparison to another.  Take any advice given on SQ comparison with a grain of salt.  The TT and Hugo have the same FPGA, so you have to ask yourself, How close or better can I get the Hugo to the TT SQ?

Jan 2, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #12,643 of 15,694
  May I ask a question?

I was thinking about the Chord 2Qute. Is it exactly like the Hugo?

Thanks in advance guys

The 2Qute is the Hugo without the amp section.

Jan 2, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #12,644 of 15,694

Don't forget that the Hugo does not have galvanic isolation.  The Hugo responds accordingly to the electrical purity of the stream.  Very hard to judge from one persons comparison to another.  Take any advice given on SQ comparison with a grain of salt.  The TT and Hugo have the same FPGA, so you have to ask yourself, How close or better can I get the Hugo to the TT SQ?

Went from the Hugo to TT , so i can tell you the difference is real <3

http://www.head-fi.org/t/749063/the-chord-hugo-tt-is-announced/270#post_12211903

in case you are looking for a high end DAC, and best for value, then the TT won't disappoint you at all. 

i can compare it more in detail later.

Jan 2, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #12,645 of 15,694
I just did a dozen a-b and sure hugo is fine but TT is truly better in every way. Im not talking budgets cause thats all relitive and in a pinch id keep hugo as a desktop and be happy. But now if i got a choice what to plug in, its TT all the way. Golden ears are not necessary, a golden pen to write what I hear isnt forthcoming. Ill differ to others. The low end slam is slammin, those mids are pushing (so I dont get the dark thing) detail yup, speed yup, wider Yupperdo. Galvanization or whatever, if dave is out of reach TT is sweet. Ill take a rest, i see my handle too much now. cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back