Chord Hugo
Dec 23, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #12,571 of 15,694
Just got mine back from service and the volume knob is so tight that I have to push with all my force to change it. I remember when new it was tight and loosened over time but this is crazy tight!

Dec 23, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #12,572 of 15,694
Just got mine back from service and the volume knob is so tight that I have to push with all my force to change it. I remember when new it was tight and loosened over time but this is crazy tight!

I'm sure there's a surfing equivalent, but in Hang Gliding, it was "Happiness is a tight 360"

Edit: just wondering - what is there to "service" on the Hugo?

Dec 23, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #12,573 of 15,694
I'm sure there's a surfing equivalent, but in Hang Gliding, it was "Happiness is a tight 360"

Edit: just wondering - what is there to "service" on the Hugo?

I have had the Rca get loose and I had the mini jack pop into the chassis and rattle around inside.both times they fixed and replaced the accompanying circuit board.

Dec 24, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #12,576 of 15,694
Sysconcept cables are proven to be of high quality and can transmit high data rate that supports 24/192 sampling rate. Here are 3 different cables I have to stack/mix and match hugo, mojo AK100MK2 and AK120 titan

Dec 26, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #12,578 of 15,694
I use the Moon cable after having a sysconcept cable fail on me after a month and company said something like they would give me 10% off my next cable. Thanks but no thanks. I went to Drew at Moon and that cable has gone through the wringer for 9 months without a hitch.

Dec 27, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #12,579 of 15,694
I use the Moon cable after having a sysconcept cable fail on me after a month and company said something like they would give me 10% off my next cable. Thanks but no thanks. I went to Drew at Moon and that cable has gone through the wringer for 9 months without a hitch.

Were you offered a full refund in the end? I bought a Moon Audio USB cable and it works wonders for the past seven months.

Dec 27, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #12,580 of 15,694
No. At sysconcept they offered nothing but 10% off a replacement. I really couldn't believe it. If you buy from them you just have to hope for the best.

On the other hand, no problem with the Moon product.

Dec 27, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #12,581 of 15,694
I just have to say that while the chatter about the original Hugo has been eclipsed this year by many new dacs, even from Chord itself,
I could easily be fooled that this tiny cool rectangle sitting on my desk is some 17-inch wide heavy behemoth maybe even filled with tubes and serving double duty as a space-heater.
It may be small, but it's a big miracle, and when I listen, I don't think about what could be better.
It's just as sweet and musical as all heck.
So I would not agonize if you don't have the space or money for the other new DACs, just get one, 
maybe plug it into your favorite amp like I do, let it break in for a while, and listen to the music.
[edit just for grammar typo]

Dec 27, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #12,582 of 15,694
  I just have to say that while the chatter about the original Hugo has been eclipsed this year by many new dacs, even from Chord itself,
I could easily be fooled that this tiny cool rectangle sitting on my desk is some 17-inch wide heavy behemoth maybe even filled with tubes and serving double duty as a space-heater.
It's may be small, but it's a big miracle, and when I listen, I don't think about what could be better.
It's just as sweet and musical as all heck.
So I would not agonize if you don't have the space or money for the other new DACs, just get one, 
maybe plug it into your favorite amp like I do, let it break in for a while, and listen to the music.

+ 1

Let the music do the talking! I like to relax and stick Fleetwood Mac's Rumours album on the AK100, plugged in to the Hugo and get lost in being in my teens again.

Dec 27, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #12,583 of 15,694
Made me smile

Dec 27, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #12,585 of 15,694
No but i just bought a TT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back