Chord Hugo
Oct 16, 2015 at 3:30 PM Post #12,257 of 15,694
  IT really suck when you bought a new dac and compare it to other very good dac and found that your highly hyped dac sound not impressive at all .
I can now tell hugo is a normal dac with overhyped also chord know how to marketing, it's true .They are trying to do the same thing everytime .
BUT mojo is the best product they could release for the price 100% even if it's sound 70 or 80% of hugo .

Again, repeated over and over in this thread.  The Hugo is extremely input sensitive, especially the USB micro inputs.  If you stream dirty digital (electrical, RF, etc.) audio to the Hugo it will be reflected in a sharper digital sound and you will not be happy with the result.  The cleaner the stream the softer more natural sound you will receive as in a live musical performance.  That is what I love about the Hugo, it's versatility and ability to be elevated with properly streamed digital.  It's a bargain if your willing to go the distance.
If your just a back seat observer that doesn't want to delve into optimized audio, then the Hugo is not for you as a desktop.  Get the galvanic brother 2Qute.

Oct 16, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #12,258 of 15,694

Again, repeated over and over in this thread.  The Hugo is extremely input sensitive, especially the USB micro inputs.  If you stream dirty digital (electrical, RF, etc.) audio to the Hugo it will be reflected in a sharper digital sound and you will not be happy with the result.  The cleaner the stream the softer more natural sound you will receive as in a live musical performance.  That is what I love about the Hugo, it's versatility and ability to be elevated with properly streamed digital.  It's a bargain if your willing to go the distance.
If your just a back seat observer that doesn't want to delve into optimized audio, then the Hugo is not for you as a desktop.  Get the galvanic brother 2Qute.

Thanks for your help ,Don't prevent me if some one want to help head fi . Th is wrong way you deal with diff. people you banned every one who isn't in your like list What .

Oct 16, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #12,260 of 15,694
I still use Hugo also.

Did you ever listen to tube amp or lampizator GG or 5 at least , hugo sound digital compare to very good dac.

I heard the BIG 7 with 10,000.00 amp and another 20,000.00 speakers with 7,000.00 accessories and Hugo still holds it own.

Lampizator is a tube dac, Hugo is solid state. They both have their root characteristics.

Lampizator GG and BIG 7 is also $7,000.00 $10,000.00 or so.

Oct 16, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #12,261 of 15,694
on top of that, Lampizator is just a DAC. It does not have headphone outputs. If you are having bad sessions with hugo, I'd look at your amp and headphones. I can pretty much guarantee there is not another dac out there that betters Hugo in sound. You may find it different - like a tube dac, but won't necesarilly be better. It's high fidelity sound Hugo has, it won't get much better.

Oct 16, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #12,262 of 15,694
@raika @ranting in general
I have quite some Dacs and stuff and I honestly do not consider hugo overpriced (boight a second one). i think everybody should becable to mske his own judegement w/o preconceived views. Utlately each productv peaks for itsell

Oct 16, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #12,264 of 15,694
As someone who just purchased their Hugo a few weeks ago (albeit used), the appearance of the Mojo is a litlte disheartening. I'm glad more people get to appreciate the sound, but the Hugo itself was a huge outlay for me, and the idea that I could have saved significantly by waiting for a couple weeks is a little depressing. Still, I realize that's part of the game. 

I'm curious, though, if anyone has made a detailed comparison of sound quality from two devices using TOTL equipment (like, say, Ethers). Is the sound really comparable? 

Oct 16, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #12,265 of 15,694
  As someone who just purchased their Hugo a few weeks ago (albeit used), the appearance of the Mojo is a litlte disheartening. I'm glad more people get to appreciate the sound, but the Hugo itself was a huge outlay for me, and the idea that I could have saved significantly by waiting for a couple weeks is a little depressing. Still, I realize that's part of the game. 

I'm curious, though, if anyone has made a detailed comparison of sound quality from two devices using TOTL equipment (like, say, Ethers). Is the sound really comparable? 

I've heard the portable Hugo a few times and every time I've heard it (regardless of IEMs or full sized headphones), it's thoroughly impressed me. I'm reviewing the Hugo TT and it is one incredible DAC (standalone) and headphone amplifier! Simply amazing what I'm hearing. More to come...

Oct 16, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #12,266 of 15,694

I've heard the portable Hugo a few times and every time I've heard it (regardless of IEMs or full sized headphones), it's thoroughly impressed me. I'm reviewing the Hugo TT and it is one incredible DAC (standalone) and headphone amplifier! Simply amazing what I'm hearing. More to come...

Yeah, believe me, I love my Hugo. 

Nevertheless, I'm a little bit ashamed to admit that I feel a deep-seated psychological need for the Mojo to have inferior sound quality, at least with TOTL full-size cans. 
redface.gif

Oct 16, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #12,267 of 15,694
Yeah, believe me, I love my Hugo. 

Nevertheless, I'm a little bit ashamed to admit that I feel a deep-seated psychological need for the Mojo to have inferior sound quality, at least with TOTL full-size cans. :xf_eek:  

You are not alone!

Oct 17, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #12,268 of 15,694

Quote:
You are not alone!

your Hugo's do a hell of a lot more than a Mojo, yes the Mojo is competitively priced for the 'phone' market but it lacks the 'Swiss army knife' capabilities of the Hugo which is a point worth remembering... us Hugo'ites have the moral high ground, sometimes bigger is better...
normal_smile .gif

Oct 17, 2015 at 3:20 AM Post #12,269 of 15,694
does mojo has rca out too ? if not Hugo has advantage. feeding amp from 3 pole headphone socket may not give that much expansive soundstage as I have experienced with Hugo. may be it is something to do with the fact that negative of both the channels are joined while using 3 pole plug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back