Chord Hugo
May 1, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #10,516 of 15,694
well for me it was very noticable so I ended up returning the unit to the factory to check it out...Frankly if you pay this much for a dac you want it to be perfect somewhat. Even my DX90 / alo audio the international didn't have this much hiss with my in ears so it must be an issue with the unit I reckon...
If the issue isn't fixed I'll probably end up returning it to the store.

Or you change your headphones .

No hiss for me with UE Triple Fi 10s but they have an impedance of 32.

I would like to upgrade my IEMs and hope I can find a pair that works without hiss , but if I had a choice of better IEMs and hiss or Hugo and Triple fi pros, I will chose the latter .

I couldn't do without the Hugo now, all the music that plays through it sounds just so much better.

May 1, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #10,518 of 15,694
Hiss problem will be solve with using a better quality adaptor 3.5 to 6.5 on Hugo.

Sorry, I don't understand. The 2 x  3.5mm headphone jacks, the full size headphone jack and RCA outputs are all connected together on the Hugo. How can an adapter help with hiss?

May 2, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #10,522 of 15,694
  is it fine to use 4 pin xlr terminated cables with a single ended adaptor with Hugo?

Haven't seen any restrictions on use of phone outputs, so it should work like using your adapter on any other amp.

May 2, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #10,523 of 15,694
  Did anybody tried Hugo on linux? For example audiophile linux? If so on which OS hugo sounds best? Linux or windows? On windows what is best software  set up for Hugo playback?

I think that any application that supports WASAPI works, because Hugo has one of the best implementations for music playback that exists.

Audiophile linux seems like an awesome thing, i am yet to try it.

May 2, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #10,525 of 15,694
  is it possible to send music from Android tablet(samsung) to Hugo via USB micro cable?

I think that it is possible if the android version is 5.0 and above. i remember 5.0 in android implementing otg function so that devices would work with external DACs, this was confirmer in fiio x5 thread, i think that it should work with hugo too.

May 2, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #10,527 of 15,694
I read the opposite recently. Android 4.4 was working and someone upgraded to lollipop and it stopped. It's in the Note 4 thread.

then, i guess that it depends on what android device one uses.

Neither hugo nor any other DAC worked for me with otg when i had tried with my alcatel one touch idol mini or my zte blade vec 4g (4.2 and 4.4).

May 2, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #10,529 of 15,694
  is it possible to send music from Android tablet(samsung) to Hugo via USB micro cable?

USB Audio Player Pro will let you stream DSD from your NAS if you have fast enough Wifi. It will also play just about any format worth using and works great with Hugo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back