Chord Hugo
May 24, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #3,421 of 15,694
When we set the Chord to line out mode. Are I my the RCAs providing a line out signal or the two 3.5 and 1/4inch jacks all providing a line out signal too?

May 24, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #3,422 of 15,694
Thanks. Changing the setting to LPCM seems to have solved the problem!

Regarding the cable, I just realised that I've actually been using the optical cable supplied with the Hugo with my Oppo. The cheap cable I referred to is the one I'm using with my AK120 (sorry, my fault). Does anyone know whether the cable that comes with the Hugo is limited to 24/96? I've just tried to play a blu-ray disc from Neil Young's Archives set (which is supposed to be 24/192) and while it outputs sound, it's only showing the Orange/Yellow colour on the Hugo. 
yes the optical cable you get with the hugo does 24/192.

May 24, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #3,425 of 15,694
[COLOR=FF00AA][/COLOR]
my tablet also suffers from this, if i leave the power cord in, the charging can't keep up with how much the device itself consumes, it loses about 2% per hour, eventually the device will power off.

bit concerning this also happens with the hugo, any way to address this?

Why is there concern? My Hugo run the whole day without power off.  

Why is there concern? My Hugo run the whole day without power off. nOtEcH said his friend's unit power off only after running 36 hours continuously. Unless you plan to not to sleep then the batteries would have time to recharge no?

Yeah, I don't see this as a practical problem at all. I'm fine with it. Charging the batteries faster probably introduces more problems. 

I can live with it as well. No biggie. Only practical problem would be if playing all day while plugged in and then unplug to go camping for the week end it would not be 100% charged. But then again.. how many less minutes of play time are we talking about?

I am going to use a Goal Zero Sherpa 100 out camping though.. so it will never be a problem for me, not even in theory. :wink:

May 24, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #3,429 of 15,694
Well, I just tried a USB stick into the Oppo and the 96KHz tracks played perfectly through the Hugo (Green Light) but the 192KHz didn't work at all. It must be a limitation in the optical cable as I've checked the settings on the Oppo and I'm pretty sure they're correct.

May 24, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #3,430 of 15,694
Well, I just tried a USB stick into the Oppo and the 96KHz tracks played perfectly through the Hugo (Green Light) but the 192KHz didn't work at all. It must be a limitation in the optical cable as I've checked the settings on the Oppo and I'm pretty sure they're correct.
could you try a coaxial cable and see what happens.the optical cable I got with my hugo has got some clear plastic cover caps attached 2 both ends of the cable.

May 24, 2014 at 7:52 AM Post #3,431 of 15,694
Audiowood,

Nice job with your selection and thank you for sharing the pic's..  As a heavy commuter I've been wondering what other people's have regarding there version of the Hugo "portable rig".  Please post your pics and setups?  I'm also looking forward to Cords solution as well (hopefully very soon).

As a commuter I was wondering about the use of the optical cable vs coax in terms of:
Durability;
sound quality;
and practicality.  

The Note is a large but offers advantages too.  How much on-board memory do you have?

Sincerely,
Speedracer1 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back