Chord Hugo
May 19, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #3,211 of 15,694
Damn... That looks real good with a Note 3...same phone as me... has me thinking.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the Hugo was that small, too?

Oh... what bliss, whilst walking down the street....
rolleyes.gif

May 19, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #3,213 of 15,694
Yes the blue dragon is my favorite. I have the silver dragon and reach more often for the blue...smoother whereas the silver has some bite to it. I never thought a USB cable blue v silver v stock would matter ...but I do hear a difference.

Podeschi, how much break in time have you given the silver?  Drew @ Moon Audio thinks you may not have given it enough break in time, 60 hours.  He describes the silver as having more detail and clarity.
    Thanks
            Elvis

May 19, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #3,214 of 15,694
They could make the Hugo thinner, putting some of the in/outputs on the side. A pancake Hugo blowing everyone's mind. lol 

May 19, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #3,215 of 15,694
I am thinking about going off the grid myself.. just like you jamato8.. or almost anyway..

Would like to take the Hugo out camping this summer, and was thinking about this one:
http://www.goalzero.com/p/207/sherpa-100-power-pack

Shoud have enough juice to charge iPhone, iPad the Hugo and what not, and while charging it up each day with a solar panel or two I could be out for weeks if I wanted to. :)

May 19, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #3,217 of 15,694
I am thinking about going off the grid myself.. just like you jamato8.. or almost anyway..

Would like to take the Hugo out camping this summer, and was thinking about this one:
http://www.goalzero.com/p/207/sherpa-100-power-pack

Shoud have enough juice to charge iPhone, iPad the Hugo and what not, and while charging it up each day with a solar panel or two I could be out for weeks if I wanted to.
smily_headphones1.gif

This BiXPower 42,500mAh (12V & 19V) external battery pack might be a really good solution too:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0087HW5YM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2OTUJ24ZUUY7H

May 19, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #3,219 of 15,694
May 19, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #3,220 of 15,694

I am going to try my high fidelity RCAs on Hugo tomorrow at a local Chord dealer..

I doubt it will fit, but if it does that furutech connector looks bit thinner than connector found in CT-1E.

When you are at the dealer do check whether the Hugo there is the current revised chassis with the larger RCA audio output holes or the original chassis with the smaller RCA holes.

May 19, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #3,221 of 15,694

I am going to try my high fidelity RCAs on Hugo tomorrow at a local Chord dealer..

I doubt it will fit, but if it does that furutech connector looks bit thinner than connector found in CT-1E.

SleepyOne says he didn't like the way Xhadow precision rca's sounded on hugo, so I'm trying to find alternative rca connectors for the hugo's rca analog outputs.

Wonder if WBT connectors are worth it?

May 19, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #3,222 of 15,694
This BiXPower 42,500mAh (12V & 19V) external battery pack might be a really good solution too:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0087HW5YM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2OTUJ24ZUUY7H

Thanks. It seems quite capable, but not a good look'er though :wink: The iAnker seems quite good too for city use, but this one seems to have a lot more options.

Anyway.. I think that I will go the "Goal Zero Sherpa way" with solar panel(s) for camping, as I have heard a lot about their products (positive)..
I will try it out and report back.

May 19, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #3,223 of 15,694

SleepyOne says he didn't like the way Xhadow precision rca's sounded on hugo, so I'm trying to find alternative rca connectors for the hugo's rca analog outputs.

Wonder if WBT connectors are worth it?

I am guessing it is the Xhadow RCA plugs that caused the slow timing but it could also be the Stereovox Colibiri-R mk2 wire itself. One thing is certain though, using a standard AV interconnect I don't have timing issue that I am having with my Stereovox interconnect.

However, Xhadow RCA does get tarnish as it is heavily silver plated and requires regular cleaning with silver cloth which is a bit of a pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back