Chord Hugo
Apr 23, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #2,236 of 15,694
I have Hugo and LCD-x and LCD-XC. Both sound awesome. I found XC lost some of its treble edge after burn-in cd played for 70 hours. So it is now neck and neck with X on the Hugo

you have booth and LCD-x and LCD-XC !!  Do you have XC in addition to the X just for when you need better Isolation... of for other SQ reasons ? 

And on this matter, I understood that the XC isolate less than the Alpha, but how does it isolate compared to the TH-900 .

Apr 23, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #2,237 of 15,694
Very good news from Hugo

Rudiwidjaja Hartono Hi John Franks , Why do you extend Only The rca Holes Only ? And Your coaxial hole still remain The old small hole , i can not use home coaxial cable , i sold My old chassis because i can not use My Shunyata RCA and Coaxial cable . Please advise
Suka · Balas · 11 jam · Telah disunting

Chord Electronics Hugo It's due to the close proximity of the digital RCA to the optical RCA. However, we will soon be able to supply Chord-specification gold-plated RCA 'extender' plugs bringing the connection out from the casework.
Suka · 3 jam

Apr 23, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #2,238 of 15,694
I have Hugo and LCD-x and LCD-XC. Both sound awesome. I found XC lost some of its treble edge after burn-in cd played for 70 hours. So it is now neck and neck with X on the Hugo

I have found a different way , LCD XC is brighter than LCD X
I have a loaner brand new from my friend , I have burn in about 40 hours now
My LCD XC running about 60 hours

Apr 23, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #2,239 of 15,694
you have booth and LCD-x and LCD-XC !!  Do you have XC in addition to the X just for when you need better Isolation... of for other SQ reasons ? 

And on this matter, I understood that the XC isolate less than the Alpha, but how does it isolate compared to the TH-900 .

From isolation :
Alpha dog > LCD XC > foster the 900

SQ :
LCD XC => LCD X >> Alpha dog

IMO

Apr 23, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #2,240 of 15,694
From isolation :
Alpha dog > LCD XC > foster the 900

SQ :
LCD XC => LCD X >> Alpha dog

IMO

thanks for your reply, but then, if " LCD XC => LCD X ", then my question remain: what is the reason to owe booth the LCD XC & LCD X ?  do you prefer/select one over the other depending on the music listened, ot the Amp, or...your mood ?

Indeed, if really   LCD XC => LCD X  then I do not see the point of owning the X  if the XC is as good or better than the X and, in addition, offer isolation !?

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #2,241 of 15,694

Yes XC for isolation

Apr 23, 2014 at 11:16 PM Post #2,242 of 15,694
I checked the battery in the Hugo, as I thought it is the same as a 18650, with a minimum voltage of 3.7 and a charged voltage of 4.2 v. I have these up to 3400mA and while they would have to be hard wired, that isn't difficult. A 3400mA would give 1200 more mA. 

Apr 24, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #2,243 of 15,694

SQ is different

LCD X is Warm sounding Orthos With rich OF detail
LCD XC is bright abad detail With better clarity

If you like Fostex TH 900 , I think you will like LCD XC more than LCD Z like me :D

I have so many Amps , sometimes i miss Warm sounding headphone to pair With With bright Amps

Hunan character In audio is never get enough For their set Up , always want something New and better than before
This is My bad habit , please Dont follow Me :D

Apr 24, 2014 at 7:14 AM Post #2,245 of 15,694
Just bought a Chord Hugo and charging it up, resisting the temptation to immediately use it :p  Anyway I see the white charge light come on, does this charge light turn off when it's fully charged? 

Apr 24, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #2,249 of 15,694
  Just bought a Chord Hugo and charging it up, resisting the temptation to immediately use it :p  Anyway I see the white charge light come on, does this charge light turn off when it's fully charged? 

Mine is always on if the charger is connected. Even when battery status is blue (fully charged).
I believe I read somewhere that it would always be on if a charger is connected (with power)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back