Chord Hugo
Mar 1, 2014 at 6:02 AM Post #707 of 15,694
No MK2 nor MK3, The Hugo is the Hugo is the Hugo. Original Chassis and a slightly modified chassis with some more space for larger cables! These units are hopefully due in a few weeks time but will have all the same spec, inputs, outputs etc etc.

Regards

Phil

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #709 of 15,694
I wasn't going to name the dealer here in case it was a genuine mistake.   

I will say that it said it's a bricks-and-mortar outfit, who have been around a long time. Whilst I've never actually bought anything from them, they have always been friendly and professional when I've contacted them in the past.

That said, if Phil is correct, it's a bit lame that they've already put through the price increase in advance of it actually happening...

Mar 1, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #710 of 15,694
in 36hours this will be a non-subject.

Rudi or Smial... any more thoughts on the Hugo...
regular_smile .gif

Mar 1, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #711 of 15,694
I wasn't going to name the dealer here in case it was a genuine mistake.   

I will say that it said it's a bricks-and-mortar outfit, who have been around a long time. Whilst I've never actually bought anything from them, they have always been friendly and professional when I've contacted them in the past.

That said, if Phil is correct, it's a bit lame that they've already put through the price increase in advance of it actually happening...

Okay, fair enough. Did the mystery dealer speculate on what the mystery input might be? Personally I'd like to see a USB B port as I have an abundance of audiophile grade USB cables but none of the micro variety.

Mar 1, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #712 of 15,694
My Friend Chord Hugo just Arrived yesterdwy

I havent tried yet

Yes, I received mine today! Master Rudi is a top head-fier who helped me to dodge the price increase.

I must buy him a nice dinner at a 5-star hotel when he visits Hong Kong next time.

Mar 1, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #718 of 15,694
Terrible pics, but you get the idea:

I've only had limited time to mess with it, but so far so good. Fed it from the Toslink out of my Resonessence Labs Invicta Mirus which may be a bit overkill.... but it's what I had ready to go at that moment.

This far I've tried it with LCD-2, HD800, Noble 4C, and Westone ES5 - a good mix of dynamic, planar, and armature based designs. I love the inky background, no hiss with CIEMs, yet plenty of drive for the bigger cans. 

Mar 1, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #720 of 15,694
Terrible pics, but you get the idea:

I've only had limited time to mess with it, but so far so good. Fed it from the Toslink out of my Resonessence Labs Invicta Mirus which may be a bit overkill.... but it's what I had ready to go at that moment.

This far I've tried it with LCD-2, HD800, Noble 4C, and Westone ES5 - a good mix of dynamic, planar, and armature based designs. I love the inky background, no hiss with CIEMs, yet plenty of drive for the bigger cans. 

Looking forward to your review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back