Chord Hugo
Mar 30, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #1,306 of 15,694
U are right, it might be be running too many processes.. I will test again and report back soon. Also did anyone manage to solve the noise issue with bluetooth, there is a pretty loud fluatuating electrical noise on the right side, do u guys have the same issues?.I tried with note 3, Idevices and the latest samsung tab pro with bluetooth 4 and I can hear the noise eveytime it connects without playing music.

On some positive note, the hugo has changed my perception of what portable dac/amp can do. It totally blew me away with the sound quality.I am tempted to write more about sound quality when I have more time. In the meantime, I gotta find a way to solve the bluetooth issue.

I have not heard about others that have reported an issue with one channel. Some issues related to too many other signals that drags the performance of both channels down, but works ok at home.

It seems like there could be a problem with your unit. Especially when your problem is the same with different sources.
(And this problem with different headphones too?)

Do you have a retailer near by so you could do some tests?

Mar 30, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #1,307 of 15,694
Sorry if it's OT: Can anybody recommend a short optical mini to optical cable to connect the AK120 to  the  Hugo?

Mar 31, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #1,310 of 15,694
What usb input were you using? Nearest the on/off switch?

I have not heard about others that have reported an issue with one channel. Some issues related to too many other signals that drags the performance of both channels down, but works ok at home.

It seems like there could be a problem with your unit. Especially when your problem is the same with different sources.
(And this problem with different headphones too?)

Do you have a retailer near by so you could do some tests?

I have similar issue with my ipod touch 5g where the bluetooth connection has a very slight but discernable fluctuating noise. Paired with my Sony xperia z ultra via aptx is unlistenable. Yet with my ak240 I'm presented with the most beautiful bluetooth implementation I have ever heard. Musical, pristine audio. Wierd stuff. Maybe the Hugo is like the fickle girlfriend who only wants to sing beautifully with equally classy sources. Haha.

Mar 31, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #1,311 of 15,694
Get my chord hugo tomorrow finally, can't wait just hope it doesn't get dropped in transit!

Mar 31, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #1,312 of 15,694
Chord are doing some last minute durability testing on your Hugo...

Quote:
Get my chord hugo tomorrow finally, can't wait just hope it doesn't get dropped in transit!

Mar 31, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #1,317 of 15,694
You will be able to see a difference around the RCA connectors to the images you have seen online!

Hi Phil

Where can I see the online picture ?
Can you please share the picture between old and new chassis ?

Chord change only RCA , how about the COAX input ?
Did Cord change the COAX too ?

Please advise

Thank you

Mar 31, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #1,318 of 15,694
Hi Phil

Where can I see the online picture ?
Can you please share the picture between old and new chassis ?

Chord change only RCA , how about the COAX input ?
Did Cord change the COAX too ?

Please advise

Thank you

Sorry, I currently have no picture that I can share! there is no physical difference between the original coaxial input and the revised coaxial input.

Mar 31, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #1,319 of 15,694
Rudi - I just got mine last Fri and I can confirm that there is no diff from the original pic found online and the one I am having now. I asked the dealer and they told me this is latest chassis they got from Chord. I am as puzzle as anyone here.

So no one has got the new chassis ? or there is no such new chassis after all. By any chance if anyone one who has got the new chassis care to post a few pic here. - Thanks AW

Mar 31, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #1,320 of 15,694
I have similar issue with my ipod touch 5g where the bluetooth connection has a very slight but discernable fluctuating noise. Paired with my Sony xperia z ultra via aptx is unlistenable. Yet with my ak240 I'm presented with the most beautiful bluetooth implementation I have ever heard. Musical, pristine audio. Wierd stuff. Maybe the Hugo is like the fickle girlfriend who only wants to sing beautifully with equally classy sources. Haha.

Thanks for confirming the noise on the Bluetooth as I thought I got a lemon. I have given up the Bluetooth connection for now I did not like sound quality (even ignoring the noise) quality as compared to a wired connection like USB.

If there is a quick 4 words highlighting the Chord Hugo quality, it will be "Supreme Analog Sound Clarity". Its so natural..I will explain a little more when I get a chance to sit down and write.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back