Chord Hugo
Aug 22, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #11,701 of 15,694
Hi Guys,

I have a weird thing going on with my Hugo.

When the battery is low, the light flashes and the audio drops in and out. I understand this behaviour is due to low battery power, however should this behavoiour be present if it's plugged into the charger and actively recharging?

Also, how long does it take for the battrey to fully recharge? I've had the Hugo plugged in and powered down for more than 4 hours and I was only able to get around 45 minutes of usage off the battery charge.

Another thing I have noticed is that when the Hugo is recharging the white light flashes on and off, should the light be ON the entire time it is recharging? I'm starting to think that the wall wart I have is faulty.

Cheers!

Aug 22, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #11,702 of 15,694
  Hi Guys,

I have a weird thing going on with my Hugo.

When the battery is low, the light flashes and the audio drops in and out. I understand this behaviour is due to low battery power, however should this behavoiour be present if it's plugged into the charger and actively recharging?

Also, how long does it take for the battrey to fully recharge? I've had the Hugo plugged in and powered down for more than 4 hours and I was only able to get around 45 minutes of usage off the battery charge.

Another thing I have noticed is that when the Hugo is recharging the white light flashes on and off, should the light be ON the entire time it is recharging? I'm starting to think that the wall wart I have is faulty.

Cheers!

This is not normal. You should email/pm chord directly.

-age of the unit?
-original psu used?
-does the batteries self discharge?

18650 batteries have long life expectancy. Most likely the problem lies with the battery protection pcb.

Aug 22, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #11,703 of 15,694
Or the PSU, if you have a wall wart powered external HDD you will almost certainly find that the PSU is the same spec, depending on which way you feel bravest, use Hugo wall wart on HDD, and see if that exhibits same on/off symptoms or plug HDD wall wart into Hugo to see if that does NOT...

Might save a long winded return process, but by the letter of the warranty, send it back :)

Aug 22, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #11,704 of 15,694
All my Lacie psu's , fits perfectly the Hugo.They looks like better quality then the original no-name.

Aug 22, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #11,705 of 15,694
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll test the real easy with my hdd first and take it from there.

Aug 22, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #11,707 of 15,694
Has any tried the Nobel Kaiser K10s with the Chord Hugo. With 30ohm Impedance hopefully there is no hint of any hiss?

Aug 22, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #11,708 of 15,694
Has any tried the Nobel Kaiser K10s with the Chord Hugo. With 30ohm Impedance hopefully there is no hint of any hiss?

My setup.  Admittedly, I am older and my top end hearing is probably not the greatest, but I've perceived no audible hiss.

Aug 22, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #11,709 of 15,694

Yes, it does hiss. Not as loud as the SE846. You may not hear it during music playback, but you can definitely hear when no input is connected.

Aug 22, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #11,710 of 15,694
Yes, it does hiss. Not as loud as the SE846. You may not hear it during music playback, but you can definitely hear when no input is connected.

You have a few IEMs. Are any of them totally hiss free? My TP 10s are and I am not sure I could cope with the thought of hiss even if you can only "hear it" without any music playing.

Aug 22, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #11,711 of 15,694
You have a few IEMs. Are any of them totally hiss free? My TP 10s are and I am not sure I could cope with the thought of hiss even if you can only "hear it" without any music playing.

Of all my IEMs, the IE800s and X10s don't hiss. V3s have the loudest hiss, followed by SE 846 > K10 > Angie.

Aug 22, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #11,712 of 15,694
After having my Hugo for quite some time now, I finally tried my SE846's (for some reason haven't used then with the Hugo!). For myself, there is absolutely no hissing issue that I can detect. In fact, they sound quite good from the Hugo. It's interesting that it seems to be quite perceptible for many folks.

Aug 22, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #11,715 of 15,694
I only noticed 846 hiss with HUGO after it was mentioned. And to me, its so slight that I would never hear it with even the softest music playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back