Chord Hugo
Aug 11, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #7,441 of 15,694
Hugo compared to the PSA Mk2 is more transparent, more seperation, better right more detailed on the bass and overall. Just much more resolution. Better prat (although psa is known to be musical too), its even more musical.. just in another league.

Heard the Chord QuteHD with Teddy pardo psu vs Hugo and Hugo sounds better to me. More transparent w better details and more warmer sounding..if you think hugo is fatuiging forget about qutehd... hugo is not fatuiging at all in my system

Aug 11, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #7,443 of 15,694
Hugo compared to the PSA Mk2 is more transparent, more seperation, better right more detailed on the bass and overall. Just much more resolution. Better prat (although psa is known to be musical too), its even more musical.. just in another league.

You should add to that "in my opinion"  Lot of folks have other views of the Hugo.

Aug 11, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #7,444 of 15,694
  You should add to that "in my opinion"  Lot of folks have other views of the Hugo.

Glad you mentioned that.  I was worried that SearchOfSub was infallible and his real name was Francis.  ?? Huh?  We now have to say "in my opinion" when saying how we feel the Hugo sounds?  You really can't tell the difference between:
* the Hugo sounds great, with a deep soundstage and great color and tonality      and
* the Hugo measures 5" x 3.6" x .9" and is .75 lbs  ??

The first one is a "in my opinion" category, the second one is empirical data.

Aug 11, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #7,445 of 15,694
Glad to be of help!    
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 11, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #7,446 of 15,694

Glad you mentioned that.  I was worried that SearchOfSub was infallible and his real name was Francis.  ?? Huh?  We now have to say "in my opinion" when saying how we feel the Hugo sounds?  You really can't tell the difference between:
* the Hugo sounds great, with a deep soundstage and great color and tonality      and
* the Hugo measures 5" x 3.6" x .9" and is .75 lbs  ??

The first one is a "in my opinion" category, the second one is empirical data.

You dont watch "The Good Wife" do ya? LoL. There is a judge on that showwho insists that the lawyers always end each submission, with "in my opinion" or he does not allow them to continue. 

Aug 11, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #7,448 of 15,694
  In fact, I would be grateful if someone could compare Chord Hugo vs. Mcintosh D100..

Will be doing that, today if all goes to plan. Also have an Audiophilleo AP1 & PP (improved version apparently) on its way so will be able to really test the limits with Hugo.

Aug 11, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #7,449 of 15,694
  Actually my wife says I can't have an opinion nor a Hugo!  

Yet you come onto the Hugo thread and nag on a Hugo owners post. 
devil_face.gif

Aug 11, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #7,450 of 15,694
I listened to both the PWD2 and the Hugo although not side by side,  and IMHO the PWD2 was the clear winner. So I bought one.

Didn't mean to upset or nag anyone.    My apologies to all.     
frown.gif

Aug 11, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #7,451 of 15,694
Didn't mean to upset or nag anyone.    My apologies to all.     :frowning2:

Unsure of this insecurity persona. Due to the usual UK premium, perfect wave is £4k for the Dac alone - and that might even be mk1 only! For that money (i) damn right it sounds better (ii) one could still look elsewhere, create a nice desktop rig and spend the saving on music

Aug 11, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #7,452 of 15,694
I listened to both the PWD2 and the Hugo although not side by side,  and IMHO the PWD2 was the clear winner. So I bought one.

Didn't mean to upset or nag anyone.    My apologies to all.     :frowning2:

No apologies needed. You are entitled to your opinion, some people get very offended when you speak bad about toys they like. Personally I don't care, I hope we all find what we are looking g for here.

Aug 11, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #7,453 of 15,694
No apologies needed. You are entitled to your opinion, some people get very offended when you speak bad about toys they like. Personally I don't care, I hope we all find what we are looking g for here.

It's never about offending, only about authenticity of the statement and whether there is an underlying misleading purpose.

Aug 11, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #7,454 of 15,694
Dears,

I am following this thread for a long time, trying to get opinions to, probably, subsidize a decision to acquire the Chord Hugo.

Although I am very much engaged in portable audio, my main interest would be Hugo performance, basically as a DAC, in my main system.

Does someone has heard Hugo as a DAC against the Wadia 121 ? Or similar ( price ) as Benchmark, Wired4sound or Mytek ?

My system is a laptop with JRiver, Wadia 121 being feed either by usb from laptop or coax trough Squeezebox touch, BAT VK42, Gamut D200i, Magneplan 3.7, Woo Audio WA6, X5.o

I am sure that if the Hugo really brings an relevant improvement at home, its sound as portable will be of fantastic. By the way, today my headphones are TH 900, HD 800, JH 113 pro and JH Roxanne.

Thanks

Aug 11, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #7,455 of 15,694
It's never about offending, only about authenticity of the statement and whether there is an underlying misleading purpose.

Perhaps, but not everyone is going to love Hugo. People can think something else sounds better. There doesn't have to be an underlying reason, ulterior motive... it could just be they prefer a different device.

Prime example, I was in the 1p2 thread, I didn't care for it much. I was one of the few... there was no underlying reason, nothing sneaky... I actually went and bought Ref1 made he the same company, which I love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back