Chord Hugo
Jul 16, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #6,559 of 15,694
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD821ZM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter
Thus is the part you need
And get a real one not a knok off
Al

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #6,561 of 15,694
Ted b has a few cards. I only use the PPA PCI x card.
It works every where. Ted feels jcat is best. But there is so much if a debat and the jcat and sotm do have issues for some.
Who knows.
Al

Jul 16, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #6,563 of 15,694
All I can say is. I have three if them no issues at all
And cheap. He sells the card and a voltage regulator
Adaptor then you need two
Lithium batteries with a charger. All in one card is under 300 with two sets batteries.
The single best sound improvement far more than any USB cable has shown me
The sound is a big improvement over the stock USB on the mother board.
But as stated the jcat some feel is better. The improvement is like adding a AP1/pp or close anyway.
It adds details from top to bottom and darker background
Very much worth the investment. But keep in mind it helps some systems more than others as the CPU matters as well
Al

Jul 16, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #6,564 of 15,694
Question: does the revised version of Hugo still come with a square cap on the TOSlink port? I ask because it was not in my box when I purchased my ex-demo model. Thanks.

Ask retailer for spare cap. Or hit internet for spares (eBay?)

Suppose you could look into dust caps for other ports whilst you are at it

Jul 16, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #6,565 of 15,694
  Isn't it more down to software than type of operating system?

(sorry, in reply to the post by obsidyen above claiming that PC is better than Apple... forgot to hit *quote*)

Jan

Well, a PC is more flexible and can be designed more easily for audiophile needs. There are audiophile PC parts (such as the audiophile USB card with link below) Software is important too of course. I'm not saying Mac is bad, but Apple computers are not as innovative as they were, they're more like fashion accessories with a limiting OS in my opinion.

Jul 16, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #6,566 of 15,694
  i think the reason why cables are discussed a lot is because we spent so much money on hugo and want to get the ultimate from it, so if getting a better cable will give more sq then we would go for it, but for me i need to be certain that things will be better before shedding money on a very very very minor improvement, cause i am now torn between getting a better cable or another headphone as for me the audeze with hugo does not give me the bass punch i look for, i know that getting another cable might not improve bass with audeze as much as getting another headphone, so I want to think hard what to do where my money should go

They're talking about audiophile kind of bass. I know what you want, you want electronic music kind of bass. I recommend Fostex TH600/900, Denon AH-D600 or B&W P7 depending on your budget.

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #6,568 of 15,694
  Gentlemen,
How long does your Hugo last on battery power?

It's supposed to be 14 ours no? I'm getting a little over 4 hours on constant usage at reasonably low volumes (HD700 headphones 150 Ohms).

I've been using this Hugo for about a week now, almost non-stop :wink:
I'd charge the battery fully and then deplete it almost completely and go again... Could it be the batteries are still conditioning? or is this a defective unit?

Thanks!

Anyone?
I keep testing my Hugo and it doesn't top 5 hours on Battery power, I'm considering returning it...
Listening to FLACs at moderate volume (red)

Thanks!

Jul 16, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #6,569 of 15,694

Anyone?
I keep testing my Hugo and it doesn't top 5 hours on Battery power, I'm considering returning it...
Listening to FLACs at moderate volume (red)

Thanks!

That does seem short running time to me.  I haven't measured actual battery run-time, but I've accidentally left mine running on battery overnight and it's still playing in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back