Chord Hugo
May 26, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #3,481 of 15,694
My stock cable worked and the sys-concept cable worked but the Optocoupier Van den Hul wouldn't play the 24/192 only the 24/96.
I've got a stock 3 core cable with a stock 13 amp plug connected to my fridge and it keeps my beers lovely and cold,maybe if I connect a three phase 415v four core steel wired armoured cable connected directly to my nearest sub station they would chill that bit better,Jesus your all off your heads

May 26, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #3,482 of 15,694
I've got a stock 3 core cable with a stock 13 amp plug connected to my fridge and it keeps my beers lovely and cold,maybe if I connect a three phase 415v four core steel wired armoured cable connected directly to my nearest sub station they would chill that bit better,Jesus your all off your heads

Your analogy doesn't work. The point is most optical cables do not play high res files using Astell & Kern DAP and Hugo.
Think warm beer.

May 26, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #3,483 of 15,694
Your analogy doesn't work. The point is most optical cables do not play high res files using Astell & Kern DAP and Hugo.
Think warm beer.
Astell and Kern overrated,sell it buy a iPhone 5s connect with the high def usb port problem sorted and im thinking condensation dripping down my very cold bottle of Budweiser :grin:

May 26, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #3,485 of 15,694
Now that I want to know an answer for . Does it answer and can you talk and hear while connected to the USB Hugo ?
Al

May 26, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #3,486 of 15,694
Now that I want to know an answer for . Does it answer and can you talk and hear while connected to the USB Hugo ?
Al
That's a fantastic valid question but no-one disturbs me while im in seventh heaven listening to my gorgeous sounding Hugo,tend to put it on mute but I'll try it out when I'm feeling a little bit more sociable

May 26, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #3,487 of 15,694
Well it's all fun in games for you and I am on my way to the park to ride bikes with my 7 year old. Hahaha some JONNY walker blue when I get back .
Al

May 26, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #3,488 of 15,694
Astell and kern users with a Hugo is all bling look how much money I've got,it's like having a top of the range Ferrari with a state of the art roof rack your never gonna use,all the money you pay for a astell and Kern your by passing to go to the Hugo anyways,paying two thousand and 200 quid for 240 gig what a total rip off

May 26, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #3,490 of 15,694
Astell and kern users with a Hugo is all bling look how much money I've got,it's like having a top of the range Ferrari with a state of the art roof rack your never gonna use,all the money you pay for a astell and Kern your by passing to go to the Hugo anyways,paying two thousand and 200 quid for 240 gig what a total rip off

Well I am not the one with a mortgage!
Mind you, I dont have a Ferrari but I do have an S Class. Is that a rip off?
Likewise I don't drink beer but Merlot.
Is that a rip off?
Good taste my friend, it's called good taste. A Rolex is bling whilst a Jaeger le Coultre is good taste and in that sense the AK240 is not bling, apart from the gold one.

May 26, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #3,491 of 15,694
Well I am not the one with a mortgage!
Mind you, I dont have a Ferrari but I do have an S Class. Is that a rip off?
Likewise I don't drink beer but Merlot.
Is that a rip off?
Good taste my friend, it's called good taste. A Rolex is bling whilst a Jaeger le Coultre is good taste and in that sense the AK240 is not bling, apart from the gold one.
Your missing the point your not using the astell and Kern for what is was designed for but hey no- mortgage s class merc who cares hey,just buy the company and make your own changes internally

May 26, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #3,493 of 15,694
Your missing the point your not using the astell and Kern for what is was designed for but hey no- mortgage s class merc who cares hey,just buy the company and make your own changes internally

I just think the DAC in the Hugo is better than the AK240. In the way years ago I used the digital output from a decent cd player to an external DAC.
Chord won't make a transport only as they say they all sound the same, which I don't subscribe to. Maybe Astell Kern would fill another niche here and forego the dac.

May 26, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #3,494 of 15,694
I just think the DAC in the Hugo is better than the AK240. In the way years ago I used the digital output from a decent cd player to an external DAC.
Chord won't make a transport only as they say they all sound the same, which I don't subscribe to. Maybe Astell Kern would fill another niche here and forego the dac.
Exactly if Rob watts and John Frank's thought they could improve on it then they would and im sure they no a bit more than you on the subject

Users who are viewing this thread

Back