Chord Hugo
May 14, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #2,927 of 15,694
I hope it's a Hugo Jr. I'd love something that would be truly portable but sounds as good as the HUGO appears to sound.
Yes the next Hugo will just be called H as it will be that small they can't fit the ugo on it and a free microscope to find where you last left it

May 14, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #2,931 of 15,694

This type of coaxial plug fits my Hugo. However, as weisse muller said, non-open petals plug like the ones used in blue jeans coaxial cable would not fit the hole.

Can anyone tell me which cable this is, or provide a link?

I need a digital coax RCA-to-mini connector where the RCA fits the Hugo.  I tried a Black Dragon but the RCA is too loose.  I know this has been discussed earlier, but I can't seem to find a definite recommendation where someone has actually used it, except for the above.

May 14, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #2,932 of 15,694
Stereovox XV2. The company has now changed name to Stereolab and their coaxial cable has now been updated. I have no idea how new version sounds or whether the rca plug will fit or not.

http://www.highendcable.co.uk/Stereolab%20Silverstar%2075%20Digital.htm

One thing is certain Xhadow RCA will not fit Hugo's coaxial hole (which is very narrow). Best check with Hugo dealers and see which coaxial will fit etc. I think RCA type similar to the pic of XV2 above (i.e. straight exposed petal rca head) would probably be ok.

May 14, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #2,934 of 15,694
  Anyone else frustrated on the lack of optical cable suitable for chord hugo? Only one I've found is the sys-concept which is too short for me. 

They'll make you any length you want.  I got 3m and 20cm cables, with a gentle 90 degree bend in the 20cm one.  We exchanged about a dozen emails, including mock-up photos to get the right orientation for the bend, and then they shipped them within 2 hours of confirming the order.  I was a cheapskate so it took a week for the cables to actually cross the Atlantic, but that was my fault... 
rolleyes.gif

They fit the Hugo securely, handle 24/192 fine, and sound good.

May 14, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #2,935 of 15,694
  Stereovox XV2. The company has now changed name to Stereolab and their coaxial cable has now been updated. I have no idea how new version sounds or whether the rca plug will fit or not.

http://www.highendcable.co.uk/Stereolab%20Silverstar%2075%20Digital.htm

One thing is certain Xhadow RCA will not fit Hugo's coaxial hole (which is very narrow). Best check with Hugo dealers and see which coaxial will fit etc. I think RCA type similar to the pic of XV2 above (i.e. straight exposed petal rca head) would probably be ok.

Thanks for the info!

Drew at Moon Audio indicated that the Kimber digital RCA connector is tighter (than the Black Dragon) so he is going to make me one of those. Hopefully that one will work well.

May 14, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #2,936 of 15,694
Can anyone tell me which cable this is, or provide a link?

I need a digital coax RCA-to-mini connector where the RCA fits the Hugo.  I tried a Black Dragon but the RCA is too loose.  I know this has been discussed earlier, but I can't seem to find a definite recommendation where someone has actually used it, except for the above.
the chord company now does coaxial cable 4 the hugo, I've just got a anthem digital tuned aray for the hugo £230.look on their website under new suff

May 14, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #2,938 of 15,694
the chord company now does coaxial cable 4 the hugo, I've just got a anthem digital tuned aray for the hugo £230.look on their website under new suff
what's the chord anthem digital cable like for the Hugo,i've got the analogue versions which are really good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back