Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread
Jan 14, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #1,471 of 1,671
For me personally TT is plenty satisfying on its own :)
Agree. You don’t need an external amp from the TT. The TT does it all.
In fact, an amp from the TT adds colouration. I would say sell your 2Qute etc and just stick with the TT.

Jan 14, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #1,472 of 1,671
I will offer that chord and or tt can be played via a server or add a pre amp or hp amp with much success and pleasure. There are no rules but I wouldn’t add any old amp or server, the better the better

Jan 14, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #1,473 of 1,671
Hi. I would buy the cutest . has a flexible RMS voltage output from 1v to 3vs RMS . I am sure with your 600 you'll find it to be an awesome pairing with flexible volume power. :)

(quoting Betula)

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #1,477 of 1,671
one information, please. the hugo tt drives well headphone with 32 ohm impedance and around 96db sensibility? thank you

Mar 22, 2019 at 5:47 AM Post #1,478 of 1,671
Can somebody tell me thoughts chord hugo 2 vs hugo TT ?
I'm thinking about selling my hugo 2 and getting hugo TT (original TT 1)
The price dropped a lot and you can find ex demo units for really nice money.
Can somebody tell me is the update worth it ?
Maybe some comparisons that were posted on forum that I couldnt find

Mar 22, 2019 at 5:49 AM Post #1,479 of 1,671
@alxw0w

I sold hugo2 and get Hugo TT (1st). Just do it! You will not regret.
Especially If soundstage deeps and balanced out is important for you.. oh and sharming, nicely extended bass..

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2019 at 5:51 AM Post #1,480 of 1,671

What would you want from the TT(1) over the Hugo2?

Mar 22, 2019 at 6:39 AM Post #1,482 of 1,671
I guess all the things that hugo 2 has... like balance transparency amazing soundstage, but just more :) Maybe smoother analog like presentation, that sometimes I think hugo 2 lacks
other than testing yourself, for me tt was hands down better desktop. It’s darker, more bass slam, and a more complete desktop hp experience. H2 provided that subtle detail expanse in the mids. I’m sure that’s what tt2 will offer, but have not heard it.
Well maybe hands down was a little much but you get the idea

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #1,483 of 1,671

For critcal, extended listening I will always pass the H2 and goto the TT. Always feels like there is reserve power, full body bass, silky highs. The H2 provides a bit more detail but at the expense of harshness.

Mar 22, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #1,484 of 1,671
other than testing yourself, for me tt was hands down better desktop. It’s darker, more bass slam, and a more complete desktop hp experience. H2 provided that subtle detail expanse in the mids. I’m sure that’s what tt2 will offer, but have not heard it.
Well maybe hands down was a little much but you get the idea
For critcal, extended listening I will always pass the H2 and goto the TT. Always feels like there is reserve power, full body bass, silky highs. The H2 provides a bit more detail but at the expense of harshness.

I've just watched movie from mediahound

And it seems that tt should give me smoother a bit thicker darker sound. But i'm curious about sound stage and depth, especially on speakers. That's something I dont want to give up.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #1,485 of 1,671
But i'm curious about sound stage and depth, especially on speakers. That's something I dont want to give up.

For me hugo2 was flat in compare to TT. This was the main reason i sold it. And Qutest as well... they just sound flat to me. More details and mids yes.. but if all this beauty sounds flat, i cant accept.

Here is how they sound to me..
Hugo2, Qutes on the left compare to TT on the right

Untitled-1 (2).jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back