Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread
Apr 20, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #1,667 of 1,671
just picked this up and I'm loving the DAC, but the light is... rather bright to say the least lol

is there any benefit to always leaving it on, or am I good to turn it off once I head off to bed?

Apr 20, 2024 at 9:17 PM Post #1,668 of 1,671
There is no right answer. Some will say yes, whilst others will say no. The DAC may sound slightly better after being on for an hour or so, but you may not notice any difference. Try leaving it on for a day, paly a track you are familiar with, and see what you think. Then, turn it off at night, try the same track the next day from the powering it up, and see what you think. Based on your results, you can answer your question.

Apr 22, 2024 at 8:36 PM Post #1,669 of 1,671
There is no right answer. Some will say yes, whilst others will say no. The DAC may sound slightly better after being on for an hour or so, but you may not notice any difference. Try leaving it on for a day, paly a track you are familiar with, and see what you think. Then, turn it off at night, try the same track the next day from the powering it up, and see what you think. Based on your results, you can answer your question.
cheers for this, honestly speaking can't notice a difference so I think I'm just gonna turn it off and save some energy!

in other news, I've noticed that on fixed line output it occasionally just blasts static noise. I've read that it's something to do with USB cables, but this can't possibly be the case, I'm using a Supra cable which is pretty good quality. could it be the iFi iPurifier I use as well? in any case I've switched back to variable line output as I didn't experience the issue while I was on it. interested if anyone else knows of or has experienced the same issue

Apr 23, 2024 at 5:30 AM Post #1,670 of 1,671
I have lost the handshake with roon rarely and have to reboot roon remote on my computer to my server. My fixed line out auto set craped out and I do it manually now on tt reboot, no big deal. Concerning power I leave mine on 24/7 except when we leave the house, in case an extended power failure and the super caps get drained.
I don’t think the hand shake loss is cable related.

Apr 23, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #1,671 of 1,671
My fixed line out auto set craped out and I do it manually now on tt reboot, no big deal.
I don’t think the hand shake loss is cable related.
interesting, although I have had the issue happen to me when I've switched back to fixed line output manually myself. I've bought a usb to optical output just to troubleshoot further, but will definitely keep your suggestion in mind. cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back