Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread
Oct 10, 2023 at 9:55 PM Post #1,651 of 1,671
I read an article on the mojo2 being more transparent than the dave. To test it’s transparency I replaced the TT1 in my bedside setup with the mojo 2. hqplayer>usbridge>src-dx>coax to tt and now to mojo2. While the mojo2 had more forward mids and a bit more detail in the treble it could not come close to the bass definition and analog? sounding mids of the TT1. The mojo 2 is back with the poly. The TT1 is the jewel in the chord rough. imho of course.
The Mojo 2 isn’t more transparent than the DAVE. I own both and the only advantage the Mojo 2 has is portability.

Oct 11, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #1,652 of 1,671
Oct 11, 2023 at 5:06 PM Post #1,653 of 1,671
Just picked up a TT for headphone and as a preamp for tube amps. Had a TT2 that wasn't getting much use, so I sold it to get funds for a pair of ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers.

I missed the Chord sound, so picked up a TT to get some of that back. The write ups on the TT sound appears to be right up my alley.
My TT will arrive early next week. Very much looking forward to trying it out.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2023 at 9:41 AM Post #1,656 of 1,671
The more I listen to the TT, the more I like it. It's hard to explain, but the TT just seems to strike the right balance between clarity, detail, and musicality. I had gotten out of the headphone hobby for awhile, and sold off a Chord TT2 to help fund a pair of ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers. I did keep a couple of headphones around.

After awhile, decided to try an advanced headphone setup again, since I had kept a pair of Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas cans. When I got the Hugo TT, I was floored at just how good this combination sounds. Perhaps it's the analog section of the TT that makes it sound so nice. The Veritas seems like the ideal headphone match for the TT.

The TT2 is an amazing bit of kit, no question. I can honestly say though that the TT sounds fantastic, it's so good that I don't feel the need to upgrade back to the TT2. When one considers what the TT can be had for currently, seems like a excellent bargin.

Nov 6, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #1,657 of 1,671
XLR output from TT2 is 18W(preamp mode). How much power XLR output in TT ?

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #1,658 of 1,671
Hi there, picked up a used TT. Just wondering for the remote battery, can you guys check which battery number it should be and if the positive side faces the buttons or the back of the remote. The guy gave me a CR 2025 but it doesn’t seem to work and I’m not sure which way is up, rather how the tray goes back into the Remote. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_9366.jpeg
    IMG_9366.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Nov 14, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #1,660 of 1,671
figured it out....CR2025 with the positive facing the back...the battery the seller provided me was dead. Looking forward to hearing it for the first time
You won't be disappointed :)

I would argue that it's 'better' than TT2 and even Dave. (Yes I owned all of them, just saying from a time perspective)

Jan 23, 2024 at 4:22 AM Post #1,662 of 1,671
How does the coax input hold up against the HD USB input? Haven't seen much discussion on the coax input around here...
I only use usb, but someone has. There’s the mscaler thread that has lots of opinions.

Jan 23, 2024 at 8:18 AM Post #1,663 of 1,671
How does the coax input hold up against the HD USB input? Haven't seen much discussion on the coax input around here...
I use the coax fed from an src-dx. The source is hqplayer at 384k and there is never a hiccup. I used the coax to prevent the white noise on the usb when switching rates from hqplayer.

Feb 12, 2024 at 12:13 AM Post #1,665 of 1,671
I just received my Hugo TT today and wanted to add to the happy chorus! This thing sounds GORGEOUS. Easily among the best sounding pieces of gear these ears have heard. The Hugo TT images like crazy with stark instrument separation, but not in an offensive way. It still retains beautiful tonality and musicality. I’m pairing it with an Abyss Diana Phi and I think my long search for the perfect amp/dac match is at an end. The Diana Phi is able to flex its analytical muscle but with newfound musicality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back