Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread
Jul 19, 2017 at 6:37 AM Post #1,216 of 1,671
Enjoy

Jul 20, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #1,217 of 1,671
I could spring for a used Dave if I got the impulse to improve things but every time I fire up my TT I just say why bother since it makes me so happy. Just my personal approach here. It's been serving me well for a long time now and it's one of those components I have no regrets about.

I moved up from the original Hugo and the TT just seemed so much better to me, filled in all the missing sonic pieces and the music just seemed to fall out of it. So I stopped searching and said this is it.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #1,218 of 1,671
I could spring for a used Dave if I got the impulse to improve things but every time I fire up my TT I just say why bother since it makes me so happy. Just my personal approach here. It's been serving me well for a long time now and it's one of those components I have no regrets about.
So far I'm with you. Get to listen to ch2 next week, check out the hype. Right now I'm thinking TT2 might be the only thing that could interest me. Course what I don't know, is the better in these cases.

Jul 20, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #1,219 of 1,671

I moved up from the original Hugo and the TT just seemed so much better to me, filled in all the missing sonic pieces and the music just seemed to fall out of it. So I stopped searching and said this is it.

I got a chance to audition the DAVE at a local store a few weeks back and just gave me goosebumps all over. That being said no matter how great the DAVE sounded I don't think I would be getting it anytime soon, I don't consider the Hugo TT as something that pales in comparison to the DAVE and I think one would already be extremely happy with the Hugo TT even if they've heard the DAVE.

Jul 22, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #1,220 of 1,671
So far I'm with you. Get to listen to ch2 next week, check out the hype. Right now I'm thinking TT2 might be the only thing that could interest me. Course what I don't know, is the better in these cases.
Posted on the Chord facebook page on July 4th

Q - Chord Hugo TT2 on the way?
A - We can neither confirm nor deny

Jul 22, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #1,221 of 1,671
Posted on the Chord facebook page on July 4th

Q - Chord Hugo TT2 on the way?
A - We can neither confirm nor deny

Rob franks stated there are no plans. No plans does not mean never tho

Jul 23, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #1,222 of 1,671
Rob franks stated there are no plans. No plans does not mean never tho

Probably in like a year. The TT came out a year after the original Hugo.

Jul 27, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #1,223 of 1,671
Compared to my chord Hugo on LCD3f, TT has larger soundstage 25%, more authoritative driven by 30%, tracks sound like they "open-up" by 30%, musicality is up 20%, bass extension and prat up by 20%. Unbelievable , I was really sceptical considering they use same dac but I'm now stunned like vegetable.

I need to audition now compared to my meridian prime desktop but I suspect I will not find it to compete.

Everyone who uses Hugo with audezes MUST audition the TT if extreme portability is 2nd priority to sound.

Almost 2years on after I first auditioned the TT when launched and posted above thoughts, I finally managed to get myself one. In the midst of all the craziness of the Hugo2 launch, I find the TT still has its place in a desktop setup and am more happy with it for my use than with a Hugo2 for now.

Some deep-set admiration and love for the TT I must say to still be in love with it and seek it out 2 years on!

In the midst of headfi companies releasing new versions every few months, Chord gear does stand the test of time.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #1,225 of 1,671
Aug 3, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #1,226 of 1,671
Aug 4, 2017 at 8:21 AM Post #1,228 of 1,671
I use gsx mk2 always fixed set volume. I don't alter volume from there but you can up or down via remote if you want.

Aug 4, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #1,230 of 1,671
Do you guys leave your TTs powered on all the time? Assume it will just trickle charge when needed and won't hurt the sound when doing so.
according to mr watts like hugo it doesn't hurt to turn it off and on. it doesn't get better when left on, its not an r2r. but it doesn't hurt it left on either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back