Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread
Aug 31, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #77 of 1,671
Currently listening to the Hugo TT using Atlas Balanced XLR cables (Big thanks to Damien @Chord for loaning them to me) going through my speaker set up and which is my first experience personally of doing XLR balanced and have to just say in short without going to much in depth at the moment as my review/ impressions on the Hugo-TT will be coming soon but this sounds the nut's! 

If anybody on Head-fi is still asking the question out there why is it costing twice as much (as some have been dismayed for some reason at that) then hook it up balanced to a half decent Hi-Fi set up and you will then know the answer...

Just had to get that of my chest.

Without amusing you both Rob & John can you please make a Hugo surround AV processor to replace my Tag AV32R DP? 

Hope you are enjoying the Ether's also Rob ; ) 
My Dad's smitten with his open back pair, as I am also. Running out of excuses to visit him now just to get a listen to them with my Hugo! 

Sep 8, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #78 of 1,671
Would the DAC of the Hugo TT connected to an external amp be superior to or at least different from the Hugo DAC in this scenario? (This could be for a Stax phone, making an external amp necessary.)

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #80 of 1,671
so people who buy the TT would need an external amp?....I do not need an external amp for my Chord Hugo or at least i havent encountered a situation where i did

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #81 of 1,671
mmm.......it boils down to individual preferences. Even when I had the Chord Hugo, I occassionally find it necessary or desirable to pair it with an external amp (in particular the Continental Dual Mono) with some headphones. Same with the TT.  Reason: fine tuning the sound signature.  

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #82 of 1,671
if i pay 5k for a TT i can tell you i am not expecting to have to add an external amp but for those who do god bless!

Sep 9, 2015 at 12:51 AM Post #84 of 1,671
One good reason someone might want to use an external amp is when you have a headphone that is balanced. For example, the HE1000 headphone comes with a balanced cable and you may wish to use that cable but the TT does not support it. Also I would think that unless the external amp is a very good one, it may not benefit much. Just my opinion.

Sep 15, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #86 of 1,671
Hooked up the review Hugo TT tonight and put it through some if it's initial paces. Very well put together unit and likely one of the most versatile desktop solutions I've come across! 

More to come...but so far as either a standalone DAC or Headphone/Amp solution it's hitting all the right notes so far. I've played some of my favourite CDs, FLAC and DSD files through this thing and all have never sounded better. 

Gonna be really fun getting to know this black beauty (if you can't tell...this one is in black 
wink.gif
).

Sep 16, 2015 at 3:33 AM Post #87 of 1,671
Had the UK tour TT for five days now :). Thinking of eloping with it!

Sep 26, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #88 of 1,671
anybody have a chance to compare the Hugo TT Yggdrasil?

Sep 26, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #89 of 1,671
Oops, posted in old TT thread by mistake.

Had an interesting two weeks with Hugo TT, review up here:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/chord-hugo-tt/reviews/14088

Oct 2, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #90 of 1,671
On the 14th of October 2015, at 2pm GMT, Chord Electronics is introducing a revolutionary new product at The Shard, London, England.
 ​
You’ve talked and we’ve listened.
 ​
The game will change!
 ​

Chord Electronics would also like to offer one very lucky Head-Fier the chance to attend the event! The winner will enjoy a champagne reception and a superb eight-course gourmet lunch with Chord presentation. The winner will be at the forefront for this exciting release. For your chance to win a place at this ground-breaking event, all you need to do is take a creative picture of you and your Chord product and we'll pick a single lucky winner from all of the entries.​
 ​
This competition is for a single invitation only. Travel and accommodation is not included.​
 ​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back