Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread
Oct 2, 2015 at 2:41 PM Post #92 of 1,670
Oct 2, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #93 of 1,670
http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/products-info.asp?id=98

Outputs digital:
2x ultra-high-speed coax 768kHz dual-data mode for use with future-unannounced Chord Electronics products.

Could that be digital amp of some sort?

Oct 8, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #96 of 1,670

mmm.......I just checked my TT just now. No moisture! (whew!). Perhaps the rice trick or a bagful of moisture absorbents in a suitable container  will do the trick.

Edit   Looks like I spoke too soon. Upon careful check, using my trusty LED flashlight, I spotted this. I am running my Chord TT (an hour now) and the "moisture" atop the chip does not seem to be disappearing. So, my guess is it is not moisture (the heat on the chip should have removed it) but some kind of glue droplets??  No issue with the operation or function of the TT. Putting my TT under heightened surveillance.

Oct 9, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #97 of 1,670

mmm.......I just checked my TT just now. No moisture! (whew!). Perhaps the rice trick or a bagful of moisture absorbents in a suitable container  will do the trick.

Edit   Looks like I spoke too soon. Upon careful check, using my trusty LED flashlight, I spotted this. I am running my Chord TT (an hour now) and the "moisture" atop the chip does not seem to be disappearing. So, my guess is it is not moisture (the heat on the chip should have removed it) but some kind of glue droplets??  No issue with the operation or function of the TT. Putting my TT under heightened surveillance.

Disturbing, isn't it?

Can we have someone from Chord Electronics enlighten us about this?

@Rob Watts

Oct 9, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #99 of 1,670
mmm......yeah, wondering about that button, too. I'm not touching it. It doesn't seem to be doing anything when you press it.  lol! I'm not unduly concerned about the mysterious "droplets." As near as I can figure it out, it appears to be too perfectly formed to be water droplets and it is only on that single chip and not on the PCB board.

Oct 9, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #100 of 1,670

Users who are viewing this thread

Back