Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread
Oct 3, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #1,756 of 1,858
Even more odd when you google translate those characters...

Oh, definately odd! Thanks for doing the translate, as I just thought it was to do with my new account that was causing the problem.

Their website asks for a password too, which doesn't look great, with no email address.

I knew I should of gone to Canjam to try and get these cables
biggrin.gif

Oct 6, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #1,757 of 1,858
Has anyone tried this cable?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pure-Solid-Silver-Lightning-to-Chord-Hugo-interconnect-cable-Iphone-5-6-/171952447720?hash=item28092a20e8

would like your impressions if you've tried it.

I am currently using applce CCK and silver moon cable but would like something more compact.

thanks!

Oct 6, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #1,758 of 1,858

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pure-Solid-Silver-Lightning-to-Chord-Hugo-interconnect-cable-Iphone-5-6-/171952447720?hash=item28092a20e8

I am currently using applce CCK and silver moon cable but would like something more compact.

thanks!

Is this a replacement for Apple CCK + USB - micro USB setup that we all have to use for IPhone to Hugo (or indeed for IPhone to ALO CDM - same thing)?
If so, looks fantastic. But I thought the CCK was unavoidable for playing hi res music with the iP and Hugo, and there was no way around it?

Oct 6, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #1,759 of 1,858

thanks!

This is what I was looking for. Using a CCK and a quite bulky cable myself. I will give this a try I think.

Oct 6, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #1,760 of 1,858
Is this a replacement for Apple CCK + USB - micro USB setup that we all have to use for IPhone to Hugo (or indeed for IPhone to ALO CDM - same thing)?
If so, looks fantastic. But I thought the CCK was unavoidable for playing hi res music with the iP and Hugo, and there was no way around it?

The CCK is avoidable but not officially as you would need the cck chip inside the cable which apple obviously doesn't like. so technically everyone could do this but few dare to officially offer.

Oct 6, 2015 at 12:07 PM Post #1,761 of 1,858
The CCK is avoidable but not officially as you would need the cck chip inside the cable which apple obviously doesn't like. so technically everyone could do this but few dare to officially offer.

Sappy - noted. So does this little red cable look like a genuine replacement (I.e. With the chip in the cable?)

Oct 6, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #1,763 of 1,858
it does. the seller answered the question about cck functionality in the q+a and looks very reliable. just bought one.

I might follow your lead, Sappy. If yours turns up quickly, will you post thoughts somewhere obvious? (Hugo thread for starters).

Edit: ordered.

Oct 6, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #1,764 of 1,858

sorry to break bad news to all, THIS CABLE WILL NOT WORK WITH HUGO, it still required
Apple CCK, i have this similar cable and it will not work, i also have ZX2 that hook straight up to HUGO, and again it not working, for some reason HUGO required an adaptor to play hi res, for my ZX2 i have to used the WMC-NWH10, just like APPLY CCK + USB - micro USB

Oct 6, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #1,765 of 1,858

Did you purchase your cable from the same eBay seller? Because the seller confirmed on his eBay account that this would work without requiring the CCK. 

Q: Does this cable eliminate the need for the Apple CCK adapter?
A: Hi, Yes, with this cable Apple Camera adapter won't be needed for your Hugo. Best regards, Konstantin

Oct 6, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #1,766 of 1,858

it does. the seller answered the question about cck functionality in the q+a and looks very reliable. just bought one.

Yeah, I believe the cck chip is actually on the lightning connector side on APPLE's CCK cable. Anyone skilled with a soldering iron, should be able to replace the female usb port with a male micro-usb connector.

Oct 6, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #1,767 of 1,858
Yeah, I believe the cck chip is actually on the lightning connector side on APPLE's CCK cable. Anyone skilled with a soldering iron, should be able to replace the female usb port with a male micro-usb connector.

sorry to break bad news to all, THIS CABLE WILL NOT WORK WITH HUGO, it still required
Apple CCK, i have this similar cable and it will not work, i also have ZX2 that hook straight up to HUGO, and again it not working, for some reason HUGO required an adaptor to play hi res, for my ZX2 i have to used the WMC-NWH10, just like APPLY CCK + USB - micro USB

I actually had a more detailed answer from the seller and I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt until our interconnects turn up. We'll review them on here and the we can start criticising or praising based on actual review.

Oct 6, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #1,769 of 1,858
Has anyone able to play hi rez 24bit files from iphone to hugo via CCK?

My current setup is iphone 5 + CCK + ALO green line USB + Hugo + Alo Rx + se846

After downloading and opening the Onkyo HF Player app on the iPhone, yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back