Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread
Sep 15, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #1,726 of 1,858
If the light is red the first letter of the artist playing begins with 'R', if the second light is orange the second letter is 'O' :D

Sep 16, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #1,727 of 1,858
  Thanks.  How do you sync your files to the Onkyo?  Do you still use Apple's own Music App as well?

Any recommendations on the best place to purchase the Hugo in the UK gratefully appreciated.  What headphones do you use it with?

Thanks

Any of our registered dealers will be a good choice, they'll always be happy to help. You can find a list of our dealers on our website here: http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/retailers-map.asp

Sep 21, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #1,729 of 1,858
Guys,

I was going to get a very nice dap and be done but I think I'm going to go hugo + moderate/cheap dap(since the dap doesn't really matter because i'll be using a hugo).  All I really need in a dap is something that can play 24bit flac files.

My Question:
Currently I play FLAC **not ALAC** on my iphone 5 via tuneshell.  Can anyone confirm that the hugo will play FLAC files from tuneshell on the iphone 5?

Thank you!

Sep 21, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #1,730 of 1,858
All the tracks I've bought off HDTracks have been FLAC and I've had no problems playing them on iPhone (6, in this case) and Hugo, using Onkyo Player and the Apple Camera Connection Kit, as usual.

Sep 21, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #1,731 of 1,858
  Guys,

I was going to get a very nice dap and be done but I think I'm going to go hugo + moderate/cheap dap(since the dap doesn't really matter because i'll be using a hugo).  All I really need in a dap is something that can play 24bit flac files.

My Question:
Currently I play FLAC **not ALAC** on my iphone 5 via tuneshell.  Can anyone confirm that the hugo will play FLAC files from tuneshell on the iphone 5?

Thank you!

Since the Hugo is a DAC and not a DAP it should be able to play whatever file you want as long as your DAP supports it.  The DAP is acting as the transport while the Hugo is playing the sound while connected to your headphones.

Sep 25, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #1,732 of 1,858
Sep 26, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #1,733 of 1,858

I had the ZX1 and now have the ZX2 paired with the Hugo, both sound exactly the same via the Hugo... you lose a bit of the warmth from the 'Sony sound' but you do gain quite a bit with the increased soundstage and better clarity...  for home use you may want to invest in the Walkman-dock, it acts as a great source and is definitely better than feeding the Hugo than my pc, hth...
normal_smile%20.gif

how do you connect the zx2 with the hugo, what kind of cable will it work with, WM-Port to micro usb work?

Sep 27, 2015 at 4:58 AM Post #1,734 of 1,858
how do you connect the zx2 with the hugo, what kind of cable will it work with, WM-Port to micro usb work?

Yes, I would like to know this too as I am thinking of buying the ZX2. Currently using iPhone 6 with Hugo but want a better source option for my Shure SE846 when I'm out and about without the Hugo. Would I need to buy any extra cables to connect the ZX2 to the Hugo as I had to for the iPhone 6. If there is more than one connection option for the ZX2, which is considered to work best with the Hugo?

Sep 28, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #1,736 of 1,858
Sep 29, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #1,737 of 1,858
bvng... I tried buying one of those cables from Taobao with not a lot of luck (language thingy) so son't know if the cable works or not... I did notice that there was a company called Brimar-Cables who were at CanJam, they make a single cable for Walkman's > Hugo but I would check with them on Facebook first just to confirm it does the job, hth.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/brimar.net?ref=profile

Sep 30, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #1,739 of 1,858
Wi-Fi with optical output, this $35 Chromecast Audio looks interesting

drXqFmy.png

k2hjsYO.png

https://store.google.com/product/chromecast_audio

Just add this relatively slim powerbank and we're good to go

http://www.amazon.com/Unicharge-12000-Heavy-External-Battery/dp/B009K1PXPM

Oct 2, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #1,740 of 1,858
On the 14th of October 2015, at 2pm GMT, Chord Electronics is introducing a revolutionary new product at The Shard, London, England.
 ​
You’ve talked and we’ve listened.
 ​
The game will change!
 ​

Chord Electronics would also like to offer one very lucky Head-Fier the chance to attend the event! The winner will enjoy a champagne reception and a superb eight-course gourmet lunch with Chord presentation. The winner will be at the forefront for this exciting release. For your chance to win a place at this ground-breaking event, all you need to do is take a creative picture of you and your Chord product and we'll pick a single lucky winner from all of the entries.​
 ​
This competition is for a single invitation only. Travel and accommodation is not included.​
 ​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back