Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread
Jul 31, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #91 of 1,858

do I look like a gormless idiot who would give inside info out?... best not answer that in hindsight...
wink_face.gif

it was supposed to be a joke

Jul 31, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #92 of 1,858
it was supposed to be a joke
...and that is how I know OK-Guy received it :)

...Don't worry - us Brits and our quirky humour (see, we cannot even spell 'humor' correctly!)

Jul 31, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #95 of 1,858
  I'm sitting here in my apartment overlooking a river on a beautiful sunny day in Kent contemplating my last few hours of freedom on Head-Fi, I now know how Hannibal felt before his masking, I digress...

From tomorrow I will be joining the Team at Chord Electronics as a Customer-Liaison Rep on Head-Fi... my role will be to act as a conduit for Head-Fi'ers who need information or help with their Chord products, I will channel any queries or questions to the right person within the team & will follow things through to conclusion.

I will also keep Head-Fi'ers informed or new products and Events & Shows... my role is independent of Chord as I essentially work direct for John Franks & assist Rob on Head-Fi.

I am a happy chappy indeedy...
bigsmile_face.gif

Well done dude! You need to get your signature changed to member of the trade now :D

Jul 31, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #99 of 1,858
I cannot believe I've known Hugo for nearly a week already...

I feel it could be the start of a lasting relationship, Will be sad if he ever has to go away for any reason...

Joking aside the level of detail on offer is quite staggering, never thought that I would be such a fan of this much detail, but I cannot get enough of it, especially with the detail monsters that are the IE800!!

Whoever said that detail is wasted on a commute really, no REALLY needs to take a listen to a setup like this on the train to work.

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #100 of 1,858
Yes, wasted on a commute hasn't heard the Hugo. 

Mine went down in battery power yesterday and took a good 1.5 hours to come back. Not sure what it took so long with a depleted battery. I have done this accidentally in the past 2 times and it took about .5 hour to come back. 

Is there a reason larger capacity batteries were not used in the Hugo? It would have been nice also, if they would have been user replaceable. Contacts at both ends of the battery with enough pressure, would have been easy to do and there would have been little resistance at these points. I always like hard wiring but it would have been a nice feature. 

Jul 31, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #101 of 1,858
Thanks avl06 for respecting the ethos of this thread :)

Re the other thread, it is on cooldown for a couple of days, I don't see any reason why it won't be re-opened, worst case scenario if not opened within a couple of days, would be to start a new thread, and then - once / if re-opened, the two threads could be merged...
when is the other thread going 2 be re-opened guys? It's been nearly 4 day's now.just delete the dsd bits.

Jul 31, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #103 of 1,858
Well, at time of writing, I have had a Hugo in my possession for a little over three hours, and - as part of a double celebration, this (again, at time of writing) is my 10,000th post on Head-Fi...

So, for this joyous time of double celebration, I thought I would bring back a thread that appears to have been sorely missed in the portables forums for a few weeks now, a place to discuss portable aspects of the Hugo...

For 'reference' / deskbound discussion, I would strongly suggest that posts be directed to the original thread, which can be found here so as to not contravene the spirit of the portables forum as it did once before...

Anyway, I'll set the ball rolling, the combination of Fiio X5 -> Hugo -> Sennheiser IE800, wow, just wow - Far too new a sound to these ears to offer a truly informed opinion, however - so long as this carries on sounding as crisp, detailed, yet strangely analogue, I think I may well have found the new love of my life!

Congratulations to me twice over!
smily_headphones1.gif

Congratulations to your 10k post and that's a lot of writings!

Aug 1, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #105 of 1,858
FWIW the other thread in summit Fi has been reopened.

Hopefully that'll bring some cheer to those hankering for some full sized discussion! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back