Chord Hugo 2 desktop alternative
Nov 9, 2017 at 1:51 AM Post #46 of 47
Re the Hugo 2,
watching Currawong's youtube video on the Hugo 2, part 2, where he says that the Hugo 2 doesn't scale to the Utopia,
besides the issues that the Hugo 2 cannot be stacked and is too big for my pockets, helps me pass on the Hugo 2.
I would prefer to buy a SP1000 (ideally an upgrade or a successor with several micro SD slots) which I could use in bed or carry along.

Funny you should mention that. I have an AK380 here and I find it unlistenable after having used the Hugo 2. I still use my Utopias with the Hugo 2 when I'm away from my main system. I think you have to put my comments in context: I've only experienced the Utopias on two amps which I felt really got the most out of them, and the other was the now never to be produced Liquid Tungsten. Things are really at the point now that $2k DACs and $4k headphones are so incredibly capable that you really have to go pretty crazy far to get the most out of either of them.

Nov 9, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #47 of 47
Funny you should mention that. I have an AK380 here and I find it unlistenable after having used the Hugo 2. I still use my Utopias with the Hugo 2 when I'm away from my main system. I think you have to put my comments in context: I've only experienced the Utopias on two amps which I felt really got the most out of them, and the other was the now never to be produced Liquid Tungsten. Things are really at the point now that $2k DACs and $4k headphones are so incredibly capable that you really have to go pretty crazy far to get the most out of either of them.

The Liquid Tungsten was something special indeed with not just the Utopias but the HD800s and pretty much any headphone I tried with it. Too bad it'll never see the light of day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back