Chord Electronics Qutest DAC - Official Thread
Mar 21, 2018 at 7:15 AM Post #1,006 of 6,746
Yes I too saw that... But 2 qute, although having a discrete op stage, is not powerful; it was never intended to drive any low impedance at all. Qutest op stage has been upgraded, but it's not the same as Hugo 2. The op impedance has not been measured, so any mention of it is an error. But I have increased the drive on the discrete op stage, and I have used the Mojo op stage. This has the benefit of being very small, but capable of delivering large currents. But let's be clear; qutest was designed as a DAC only! As an aside, the Mojo op stage is the same as Hugo 2 electronically, but differs with the packaging and power delivery of the op transistors.

Does the qutest output stage use the same number of op paralelled transistors per channel as the Mojo? or may qutest, being a line device without much power needed, uses a more simple layout with just one op transistor per channel? Just curious about that.
Thanks!

Mar 21, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #1,007 of 6,746
Is There power button or any other way how to safely turn of the qutest? Or is better to let it run 24x7?

Yes, I believe there is a power button and it is up to you whether you think it is prudent to leave it on 24/7 but I reckon a typical warm up time of 20-30 minutes is usually sufficient and this also applies to amps, etc.

Mar 21, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #1,009 of 6,746
No, there isn’t a power button. Pull the plug is the only option

Are you sure there is not a power/standby button? I know the 2Qute did not have either.

Mar 21, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #1,011 of 6,746
Are you sure there is not a power/standby button? I know the 2Qute did not have either.

An owner here too. No buttons. Either pull the plug or 24/7 on.

Mar 21, 2018 at 9:28 PM Post #1,018 of 6,746
also no fuse circuit protection on it

I don't know about the rest. I usually do not off my electronics other than my preamp (tube) and power amp (Class A). Unless I'm going away for long.

Mar 22, 2018 at 1:51 AM Post #1,019 of 6,746
Does the qutest output stage use the same number of op paralelled transistors per channel as the Mojo? or may qutest, being a line device without much power needed, uses a more simple layout with just one op transistor per channel? Just curious about that.
Thanks!
Yes it's the same number and transistor packaging as Mojo.

And no power button - as Qutest only consumes a modest couple of Watts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back