Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Dec 24, 2023 at 4:15 AM Post #22,276 of 22,535
Not for some considerable time sadly - I have several other projects to complete first before I start on the design.
Either way, thanks for letting us know! I'm still enjoying my Hugo 2 immensely :)

Dec 24, 2023 at 4:29 AM Post #22,277 of 22,535
Not for some considerable time sadly - I have several other projects to complete first before I start on the design.
Thanks for the update Rob. I've owned my Hugo2 since its release and I'll only replace it with a Hugo3. The H2 has been the most versatile "transportable" DAC I've owned...period. YMMV and all that.:smile_phones:

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2023 at 5:15 AM Post #22,279 of 22,535
Hey people, is there any way to (relatively) easy fix a sticky and sometime unresponsive volume wheel?

Dec 24, 2023 at 6:30 AM Post #22,280 of 22,535
Hey people, is there any way to (relatively) easy fix a sticky and sometime unresponsive volume wheel?
I think there are a few posts (this thread, and possibly also Mojo/Qutest) where owners have emailed chord support.
Chord often give the ok for the owner to open the case, and physically clean the balls.
If you search the thread(s) you should be able to find some info.

Dec 24, 2023 at 6:34 AM Post #22,281 of 22,535
I think there are a few posts (this thread, and possibly also Mojo/Qutest) where owners have emailed chord support.
Chord often give the ok for the owner to open the case, and physically clean the balls.
If you search the thread(s) you should be able to find some info.
Cheers

Dec 24, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #22,284 of 22,535
I use it daily and besides the eq I miss nothing. What is wrong with it?
USB C, eq (but more easy to use than in mojo2), built-in streamer, 4.4mm output (yes I know the internal design, just for convenience to not use adapters or change cables all the time)

That's my wishlist :)

Dec 24, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #22,285 of 22,535
Dec 24, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #22,287 of 22,535
The price increase would be more than worth it for the implementation of a 4.4 in my use case.
For me as well, but anyway I don't really understand why additional 4.4 out instead of the second 6.35 would increase the price of multi k$ DAC

Dec 25, 2023 at 3:24 AM Post #22,289 of 22,535
Well for headphones users EQ has the power to transform sound quality significantly more than more "taps".

This is non debatable, unless you haven't tried good EQ
The "USB Audio Player Pro EQ" sounds very transparent to me. Maybe a very small loss in detail. I heard very bad ones as well like the fully parametric from the same app or the one in JRiver which gives a bright and harsh sound. I really like playing with eq, it is essential for half of my headphones. It is just that I am quite happy with the "UAPP EQ" Of course I am happy Rob has designed a fully transparent eq which will likely be inside the new scaler.

Dec 25, 2023 at 3:59 AM Post #22,290 of 22,535
The "USB Audio Player Pro EQ" sounds very transparent to me. Maybe a very small loss in detail. I heard very bad ones as well like the fully parametric from the same app or the one in JRiver which gives a bright and harsh sound. I really like playing with eq, it is essential for half of my headphones. It is just that I am quite happy with the "UAPP EQ" Of course I am happy Rob has designed a fully transparent eq which will likely be inside the new scaler.
don't use android

like Mojo2, need EQ built into Hugo3 for ANY source used

but more bands.

dont care about 1 million taps - give us just 10 parametric EQ bands please - transform headphones sound much more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back