Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Dec 3, 2023 at 8:04 PM Post #22,261 of 22,645
Hmm, I think that the demo device in the Apple shop has some specific configuration for a demo unit, so I deny connecting the external DAC. I think it can connect if it is a commercial unit because in general, the M3 chip does not have any special "improvement" to restrict the external device (like my M1 Pro). You should try again on a commercial unit friend!
Will do, thx.

Dec 4, 2023 at 1:33 AM Post #22,262 of 22,645
It's too neutral even when feeding your tube amp?

I guess there are many times when we don't have the time to justify turning on the tubes. For that I recommend pairing the H2 with a Violectric like the V200, V281 if you find the H2 alone not to your taste.
Hi sorry I should have elaborated, the tube amp setup is separate and the H2 is not involved with that. I use the Hugo 2 as a standalone AIO unit which is my daily desktop amp with my D8000 Pros. I previously considered a Violectric, but I am now thinking of getting a Feliks Euforia Evo and partnering it with the Hugo 2 DAC.

Dec 7, 2023 at 2:04 AM Post #22,263 of 22,645
Is there any demand for the Chord 2go? I'm currently checking classifieds where someone is selling the Hugo 2 + 2go, which I don't need. So, I'm a bit worried about buying one and not being able to sell it for a reasonable price (800 EUR?). Thanks.
Hi sorry I should have elaborated, the tube amp setup is separate and the H2 is not involved with that. I use the Hugo 2 as a standalone AIO unit which is my daily desktop amp with my D8000 Pros. I previously considered a Violectric, but I am now thinking of getting a Feliks Euforia Evo and partnering it with the Hugo 2 DAC.
What don't you like about it when paired with D8000s? Is the sound too neutral, and are you looking for a warmer tone? I'm currently considering purchasing the Hugo 2 to pair with the D8000 Pro, so posts like that are a bit worrisome.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 5:44 AM Post #22,265 of 22,645
Is there any demand for the Chord 2go? I'm currently checking classifieds where someone is selling the Hugo 2 + 2go, which I don't need. So, I'm a bit worried about buying one and not being able to sell it for a reasonable price (800 EUR?). Thanks.

What don't you like about it when paired with D8000s? Is the sound too neutral, and are you looking for a warmer tone? I'm currently considering purchasing the Hugo 2 to pair with the D8000 Pro, so posts like that are a bit worrisome.
I feel for me its a bit too clinical, I do lean towards a warmer tone. I picked up a LCDX (non-EQ) on demo which I am quite enjoying with the Hugo 2 at the moment after a days listen. I need to do some back and forth between the two.

I paid approx 1000GBP for a Hugo 2 recently, so a sale of a H2 and 2Go for 800EUR is a steal, underpriced if you ask me and these devices always sell :)

Dec 7, 2023 at 7:18 AM Post #22,266 of 22,645
I paid approx 1000GBP for a Hugo 2 recently, so a sale of a H2 and 2Go for 800EUR is a steal, underpriced if you ask me and these devices always sell :)
Haha, no, if the price were 800 for Hugo 2 alone, I would have purchased it already. He is selling Hugo 2 + 2go for 2050 EUR. The 2go retails at 1150 in my country, so if I'd be able to sell the 2go for 800, that would be a nice deal. But I'm a bit worried, hence I'm asking about the demand for it. Maybe people aren't buying it at all, and I'll be left with an expensive weight.

Dec 9, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #22,267 of 22,645
Does plugging a demanding load (like the Susvara) straight into the Hugo 2, with line-out activated, risk damaging the Hugo?
My understanding is that it does not, as the fixed voltage output is designed not to clip, but I wonder if this puts any stress to the amp in the long-run. It's not something I understand well.

To those who ask why I would bother trying to drive the Sus with a Hugo 2... that's a temporary solution :)

Thank you!

Dec 16, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #22,269 of 22,645
Can anyone please advise on the easiest way to get a wired connection between a laptop (without optical or ethernet ports) and a hugo 2 + 2go without having to disconnect the 2go from the hugo 2 ? Bonus points if it works with an iphone + camera adapter. I would imagine it would involve some use of the optical/coax inputs but it looks like it's going to be a messy daisychain of adapters.

Dec 17, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #22,271 of 22,645
Can anyone please advise on the easiest way to get a wired connection between a laptop (without optical or ethernet ports) and a hugo 2 + 2go without having to disconnect the 2go from the hugo 2 ? Bonus points if it works with an iphone + camera adapter. I would imagine it would involve some use of the optical/coax inputs but it looks like it's going to be a messy daisychain of adapters.
It works with iPhone 13 and iPad 7th Generation.
I used a lighting to USB-C O.T.G. cable so the camera adapter wasn’t necessary.

Dec 23, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #22,273 of 22,645
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BW4N2V5S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

It's "optical" so not sure if you'll consider it but given that you have to plug a cable in anyway, this is still just a cable. Works with my iphone 15 pro max and macbook.

If you do get it, make sure to reinforce the ends with epoxy though. Mines was acting up and the cable connection was loose. I did fix it but I still trashed the review for poor workmanship. it IS a great cable just not manufactured with reinforcement.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2023 at 3:41 AM Post #22,275 of 22,645

Users who are viewing this thread

Back