Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Nov 27, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #14,911 of 22,511
Hello there, what about using hugo 2 as a preamp with power amplifier such as naim nap 140, or smth different, any thoughts ?

That to me was my preferred approach and after some research trying to find something with as great dynamic range / noise ended up with a Benchmark AHB2. Very happy with it. Also considered ATC P2 but there are many alternatives, depends on your budget, loudspeakers and preference.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #14,912 of 22,511
Hello there, what about using hugo 2 as a preamp with power amplifier such as naim nap 140, or smth different, any thoughts ?

I have been using a Hugo2 directly into a vintage Linn LK280 amp with excellent results. I much prefer it direct versus using the Linn LK1 preamp (admittedly not a great pre.)

Nov 28, 2018 at 9:14 AM Post #14,916 of 22,511
I passed on a nice Black Friday deal for Poly in the hope that 2Go may not be far off.

I’m having a lot of fun w Qobuz trial w Hugo2.

If only I knew how to pronounce “Qobuz” properly....

2Go has gone silent since begining of the year when some pictures of pre-production samples were shared by @Mojo ideas . Not sure what @ChordElectronics intentions are. But I want it. Maybe close now that @Matt Bartlett and team have Poly software more mature? Fingers crossed. Or just put us out of our misery!!!

Nov 28, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #14,917 of 22,511
2Go has gone silent since begining of the year when some pictures of pre-production samples were shared by @Mojo ideas . Not sure what @ChordElectronics intentions are. But I want it. Maybe close now that @Matt Bartlett and team have Poly software more mature? Fingers crossed. Or just put us out of our misery!!!
I think there are many of us waiting for news. However if they have a big launch planned, I doubt they will let the cat out of the bag on head-Fi.

Nov 28, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #14,918 of 22,511
I was waiting for a long time too.

In my impatience, I recently picked up the Opus 3 and am using optical and that's pretty decent (for my listening preferences, more closely aligned than R6 via coax), so that's a reasonable holdover until the 2Go comes out. Because of the expected high price of the 2Go (wild ass guessing that it'll be $1000 or a little more), also holding off on picking up HMS for now.

Given that
- it's been a year since the preview photos,
- GoFigure app is now out for both iOS and Android,
- and Poly issues have died down,
really hoping the 2Go emerges soon.

Would be great if there was a BT remote for the 2Go that includes physical play control buttons.
Really love physical play control buttons when using mobile audio devices.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #14,920 of 22,511
I was waiting for a long time too.

In my impatience, I recently picked up the Opus 3 and am using optical and that's pretty decent (for my listening preferences, more closely aligned than R6 via coax), so that's a reasonable holdover until the 2Go comes out. Because of the expected high price of the 2Go (wild ass guessing that it'll be $1000 or a little more), also holding off on picking up HMS for now.

Given that
- it's been a year since the preview photos,
- GoFigure app is now out for both iOS and Android,
- and Poly issues have died down,
really hoping the 2Go emerges soon.

Would be great if there was a BT remote for the 2Go that includes physical play control buttons.
Really love physical play control buttons when using mobile audio devices.
I'm really counting on physical buttons for control. Even just play/pause, track <> or something. I'm sure JF will come through with something usable for my needs. He mentioned he was aware of my issues in using the 2go, although I wouldn't expect him to prioritize my desires over general usage and sale ability. But, I like a company owner who actually listens without dismissing.

Nov 28, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #14,921 of 22,511
That to me was my preferred approach and after some research trying to find something with as great dynamic range / noise ended up with a Benchmark AHB2. Very happy with it. Also considered ATC P2 but there are many alternatives, depends on your budget, loudspeakers and preference.
How about the Chord Etude? Did you look into that? Or was it suited to your needs?

Nov 28, 2018 at 8:35 PM Post #14,922 of 22,511
Whhhoo

Hugo 2 -> DX150 -> Noble Katana

8U2xyEK.png

Nov 29, 2018 at 2:24 AM Post #14,923 of 22,511
How about the Chord Etude? Did you look into that? Or was it suited to your needs?

I decided to switch to power amp just when Hugo 2 was launched since it had a remote (yippee!) and at that time the Etude did not exist so no. TToby might have existed not sure. Of course both could be of interest but today would probably consider the TT2 directly instead. Will see when my new upgrade cycle kicks in but think the M scaler might be higher up my priority list!

Nov 29, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #14,925 of 22,511
Last weekend was in my country (CZ) Black Friday. I took advantage of the event and bought H2 and Poly. (1530, - 380, -Eur). H2 and poly come to me tomorrow and I'm a little nervous because I buy blinds just by reviews. I have SE846, LCD-X and HD800s. I love mojo and therefore H2 ...
In my opinion, discounts mean the arrival of Hugo 3 with 2go, integrated directly in H3. I think the nonsense H2 and the 2go, and the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back