Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Mar 12, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #11,521 of 22,537
No kidding

Mar 12, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #11,522 of 22,537
Most likely going to get the H2. But will not be on the "bleeding edge" for H2Go. After Poly and GoFigure and other bugs will wait for a fully baked system.

I understand. We are waiting for the Poly replacement now. (my wife's).

I believe John's close attention to detail and the oversight of correcting the bugs with Poly will lead to a smooth path for 2Go.

You'll love the H2.

Mar 12, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #11,523 of 22,537
I understand. We are waiting for the Poly replacement now. (my wife's).

I believe John's close attention to detail and the oversight of correcting the bugs with Poly will lead to a smooth path for 2Go.

You'll love the H2.

Although this is not the right Thread... looks like from @MoonAudio that the replacement Poly units could be available this week.

Mar 12, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #11,524 of 22,537
Does someone know a good micro USB cable for the Hugo 2?
I have the AudioQuest Forest, which I like more than the normal USB cables, but they don't seem to have better ones for micro USB other than the Cinnamon.
I'd love to try a cable that is made of silver, but anything better than the Forest would help too.

Mar 12, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #11,525 of 22,537
Don't sweat it i use cinnamon, forest will be fine. I use diamond on my TT and I'm not sure what the difference is. Granted i have different ideas on interconnects and HP cables, but i digress

Mar 12, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #11,526 of 22,537
I have the AudioQuest Forest, which I like more than the normal USB cables, but they don't seem to have better ones for micro USB other than the Cinnamon.
I'd love to try a cable that is made of silver, but anything better than the Forest would help too.

You could try Curious cable. Personally I have not tried but lots of good reviews. I briefly ran H2 using USB from Macbook Air USB -> AQ Jitterbug -> AQ Cinnamon. I tried USB without Jitterbug and cheap USB cables. Could not tell material difference, but with Jitterbug, I recall the sound was a bit more smooth. However, I much prefer SPDIF over USB, it just sounded better. It could very well be due to my bias though.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #11,527 of 22,537

Sadly ALO Audio stopped making theirs, as it had been engineered very specifically to work well. If you want silver, there is Moon Audio's Silver Dragon USB.

Mar 13, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #11,528 of 22,537
Hmm I got the chance to pick up a ifi purifier 2. I'm amazed on how it sounds, the Hugo 2 never sounded that damn good to me.
The setup is: Supra USB-Cable B, ifi Purifier 2 with female USB A, AQ Forest > Hugo 2 > Focal Utopia
ZHGQPCL.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2018 at 11:25 AM Post #11,529 of 22,537
I use Nordorst Heimdall 2 usb cable with my Dave.
I prefer to keep my 200 euro for the 2go.

Mar 13, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #11,533 of 22,537
My Hugo 2 is officially on order, along with a Black Dragon USB cable (already spending the money, may as well throw that in too), and the Focal hard carrying case.

Sold off my bimby/asgard 2 stack as well as my mobile setup (mojo/andro) to fund the Hugo 2, Schiit Eitr, Black Dragon cables, and the carrying case. Hopefully I'll be able to call it quits for a little while, at least until the itch to own a big tube amp from EC comes creeping back.

Will post impressions once I've gotten some good hours under my belt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back