Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Mar 13, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #11,537 of 22,546
Hi, is Bluetooth AptX the only wireless option available on Hugo 2? No wi-fi or AptX HD? I'm asking because with Poly you can stream hi-res over the wi-fi and delegate the stream to the internal player. I'm just worried about compromising the sound quality by using a player on the iPhone connected via USB. Any comments very appreciated. Thanks very much.

Mar 13, 2018 at 5:21 PM Post #11,538 of 22,546
Hi, is Bluetooth AptX the only wireless option available on Hugo 2? No wi-fi or AptX HD? I'm asking because with Poly you can stream hi-res over the wi-fi and delegate the stream to the internal player. I'm just worried about compromising the sound quality by using a player on the iPhone connected via USB. Any comments very appreciated. Thanks very much.
Any cable connection is better than Bluetooth

Mar 13, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #11,539 of 22,546
Just search this thread using the keyword 'bluetooth'.
There are lots of posts, for example https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...official-thread.831345/page-513#post-13693942

Mar 13, 2018 at 5:27 PM Post #11,540 of 22,546
Any cable connection is better than Bluetooth
Thanks. Let me just exemplify my concern. I'm worried that playing Qobuz on the iPhone connected to Hugo2 via USB would sound worse than streaming Qobuz HI-RES to Mojo+Poly via Wi-Fi, simply because the streamer would use its internal player to decode/reproduce the content - which i'm not sure will happen with the USB configuration.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #11,541 of 22,546
Thanks. Let me just exemplify my concern. I'm worried that playing Qobuz on the iPhone connected to Hugo2 via USB would sound worse than streaming Qobuz HI-RES to Mojo+Poly via Wi-Fi, simply because the streamer would use its internal player to decode/reproduce the content - which i'm not sure will happen with the USB configuration.
I hate I phones with a passion but with Android play store usb pro by passes the dac so the Hugo 2 does all the work,why Qobuz through a wired connection and Qobuz hi rez wireless?

Mar 13, 2018 at 5:50 PM Post #11,542 of 22,546
I hate I phones with a passion but with Android play store usb pro by passes the dac so the Hugo 2 does all the work,why Qobuz through a wired connection and Qobuz hi rez wireless?
Yeah, I don't like the iPhones as i used to anymore :wink: I mentioned the Qobuz hi-res wireless with Poly because this way I was sure the Poly's player would do all the work. But, i wasn't sure the same would happen playing via USB. So, you answered the question. Thanks.

Mar 13, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #11,543 of 22,546
Yeah, I don't like the iPhones as i used to anymore :wink: I mentioned the Qobuz hi-res wireless with Poly because this way I was sure the Poly's player would do all the work. But, i wasn't sure the same would happen playing via USB. So, you answered the question. Thanks.
Mate far more intelligent ppl in Ere than me I'm a joke at best,but if I've helped then happy days

Mar 13, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #11,544 of 22,546
I'd be inclined to think that if you can get your IProduct to worked USBishly, it would sound better than the lossy bluetooth connection, whatever the internal player might be. There's a free (or paid) player from onkio. Don't know if it works in IStuff, but, I played a bit with it with my son's phone and help. It does all right. But, there are choices out there for players. But, I believe wired is better than lossy wireless any time. Maybe others will add their oppinions or correcting my errors. But anyway; Welcome aboard Head-fi and the Hugo2 train.
Oh, and if you like the Poly and what it does with the mojo, remember that the 2go, (poly for Hugo2) will be coming out in the intermediate future.

Mar 13, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #11,545 of 22,546
I'd be inclined to think that if you can get your IProduct to worked USBishly, it would sound better than the lossy bluetooth connection, whatever the internal player might be. There's a free (or paid) player from onkio. Don't know if it works in IStuff, but, I played a bit with it with my son's phone and help. It does all right. But, there are choices out there for players. But, I believe wired is better than lossy wireless any time. Maybe others will add their oppinions or correcting my errors. c
Oh, and if you like the Poly and what it does with the mojo, remember that the 2go, (poly for Hugo2) will be coming out in the intermediate future.

Mar 13, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #11,547 of 22,546
Onkyo hf player is highly recommended,

Onkyo HF Player - Hi-Res Music by ONKYO CORPORATION https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/onkyo-hf-player-hi-res-music/id704139896?mt=8

Allow hi res playback - need an to use a cck usb style dac bypass cable with it too - as well as an in-app purchase to plac hi res files.

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/MD821ZM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #11,548 of 22,546
Thanks for the welcome to the forum. Poly for Hugo2, really?!!! Nice to know. Tks.
Yes, the 2Go development was paused, to allow all the Poly issues to be sorted out first. Those issues are hopefully out of the way, once the apps are released, and then the 2Go development can resume.
No Chord prediction yet for a 2Go release date, but posters here are hoping for maybe christmas or start next year - note that is only posters hopes, so no-one should blame chord if 2Go takes longer to be released.

Mar 13, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #11,549 of 22,546
Onkyo hf player is highly recommended,

Onkyo HF Player - Hi-Res Music by ONKYO CORPORATION https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/onkyo-hf-player-hi-res-music/id704139896?mt=8

Allow hi res playback - need an apply cck usb style dac bypass cable with it too - as well as an in-app purchase to plac hi res files.

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/MD821ZM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter
The Onkyo player had many good reports on the Mojo thread as well.
There is also the HiBy app as well for HiRes playback.

Mar 13, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #11,550 of 22,546
Yes, the 2Go development was paused, to allow all the Poly issues to be sorted out first. Those issues are hopefully out of the way, once the apps are released, and then the 2Go development can resume.
No Chord prediction yet for a 2Go release date, but posters here are hoping for maybe christmas or start next year - note that is only posters hopes, so no-one should blame chord if 2Go takes longer to be released.

A few days ago someone expeculated talking about spring. In any case a lot of us are waiting the 2Go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back