Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Aug 15, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #7,156 of 22,516
Aug 15, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #7,157 of 22,516
Aug 15, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #7,158 of 22,516
Yeah I saw that too. Sight and sound gallery had raised their prices before Moon about a month ago.

I do hope that the price will drop back to it's orginal asking price for future Hugo 2 owners.

Well, the market decides the price. As long as people are happy to pay the price they are asking it is not likely that they will drop it. They are in business to make money.

Aug 16, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #7,160 of 22,516
i must have the best dealer in the audio universe,paid 2000.Discounted for ordering way back in march .

Paid 1975 for mine. Ordered at CanJam the first week of April at show discount. But oh wait, it hasn't shipped yet and we're halfway to September -____- *shakes fist at @TSAVJason*

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2017 at 12:56 AM Post #7,162 of 22,516
hang in there its with the wait.

It's a bargain when you consider how versatile it is.

Oh I know it's worth the wait, I've heard it at two different audio shows with my own headphones and iems. It's just driving me nuts that my order keeps getting pushed back when I see so many of you having them already. The envy is real.

Aug 16, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #7,163 of 22,516
Yeah I am really curious what is going on in this picture... That squeezable strawberry jelly??

I would never think to take our Hugo 2 into the bathroom here but maybe he is on to something.... beautiful case btw!
Thats a squeezable strawberry nicotine, yea since nobodys making the hugo2 case at a reasonable price. I made em myself.

Aug 16, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #7,164 of 22,516
Thats a squeezable strawberry nicotine, yea since nobodys making the hugo2 case at a reasonable price. I made em myself.
Vape juice.

Aug 16, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #7,165 of 22,516
Hello Everyone

Got a quick question for you... I got an email from Moon audio saying that they got a few black Hugos 2 units but no silver ones ( i ordered silver one) They gave me the option to change the color to black if I want it faster.

I did not get the black one thinking the black paint can start to chip off with a minor impact ect ect... vs the silver one probably has no paint and is aluminum colour.

Can someone tell me what their thoughts are on the black paint ?? maybe someone that had a Hugo 1 black for a while and knows how than black paint holds off...

Thanks in advance
The black finish is anodised not painted. This process etches and microscopically opens up the pores of the aluminium a black dye is introduced into the pores microscopic holes then they are closed down locking in the black surface right into the aluminium itself. It's very tough and far better that paint.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #7,166 of 22,516
For Kyle i know exactly how you feel i was in your position not so long ago. the envy isn't personal its more of an empty void in yourself especially if the hugo 2 is a sizeable investment as i'm sure it is for some of us like myself.

For Hooster as a single guy and postgrad finances can be erratic but of course life's priorities come first. some funds will become available in december so a premium headphone is on the way. auditioning for sound and comfort is difficult to arrange.

two small points if anyone can help: 1) i've switched from wired ethernet imac to wifi macbook air. i have a very good 150mbps connection and never had dropouts etc. they both sound identical streaming tidal. is there any advantage or disadvantage using wifi for tidal vs wired connection?

2) with a budget of around 800 pounds would a top of the range iem something really special give me better SQ than normal over ear headphones? this is a bit of a generalisation but wondering what people think. thanks mk

Aug 16, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #7,167 of 22,516
Noble encore is worth it

Aug 16, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #7,168 of 22,516
I'm also thinking about saving for Hugo 2, and maybe picking it up some time next year. Before that I'll pick up another pair of high-end headphones though, maybe Sennheiser HD800S or Audeze LCD-3.

Till then, I'm happy with "just" the Mojo.

Aug 16, 2017 at 8:49 AM Post #7,169 of 22,516
django's any good vs encore which would be out of my budget?

testing some 30 quid mee iem with h2. a first time for me. its another world. i find it hard to believe there can be so much variation in sound with these small things.

at first i had to fiddle around with the connection as sometimes sound wasn't getting through. also on some tracks little static. is this normal? it all fine now. maybe because cheap iem for testing?

when i take out the charger from my mac air the static seems to go away. i wonder if it's linked. it's turning into a laboratory with the cables and things and things. no hang on with charger disconnected is there little static with iem.......on amy w acoustic quiet so can hear.......and figure out just the hell what is going on.......lol.........little hiss.............?.......h2 or cheap iem....need ifi fix it thing.......amy w lovely live......things are working good.....why is iem acting like as reported before someone tell me?....testing...volume up......good.......

with the the 3.5mm headphone connection should it click in place like the larger connection. i'm not getting that click just a softer push in. also is the little static normal on occasion. did not experience this with large beyers.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #7,170 of 22,516
Anyway is it safe to use the hugo2 while charging? It runs rather warm when i plug big headphones like these.

I hope it could be updated that we could use it on desktop mode at will.

*doggo for scale*
20170816_204251.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back