Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
May 1, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #3,273 of 22,475
I had a listen with the Hugo 2 over the weekend in Tokyo. I pinched one for half an hour and hooked it up to the Stax SR-009 and SRM-T8000 rig and that was amazing. I had the same feeling as I did when I had the chance to borrow the DAVE while listening, as if the music was going right into my blood. The case the Van Nuys guys had made for it was fantastic too, with maybe only a couple of tweaks necessary (such as larger finger holes for the buttons) to be perfect.

i know i cant beleive they removed thread photos i used to enjoy looking at them.
I'm with you on that, but more so because it was my idea! The old forum software was 100% custom, so none of it could be ported. Head-Fi is now on a modified version of XenForo, which is commercial software. Some time in the future I'm sure they'll figure out how to have something like that again. We need a spoiler tag again too.

May 1, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #3,274 of 22,475
I had a listen with the Hugo 2 over the weekend in Tokyo. I pinched one for half an hour and hooked it up to the Stax SR-009 and SRM-T8000 rig and that was amazing. I had the same feeling as I did when I had the chance to borrow the DAVE while listening, as if the music was going right into my blood. The case the Van Nuys guys had made for it was fantastic too, with maybe only a couple of tweaks necessary (such as larger finger holes for the buttons) to be perfect.

Encouraging impressions, thanks!

I'm with you on that, but more so because it was my idea! The old forum software was 100% custom, so none of it could be ported. Head-Fi is now on a modified version of XenForo, which is commercial software. Some time in the future I'm sure they'll figure out how to have something like that again. We need a spoiler tag again too.

If that was your idea then it was brilliant as the pictures were half the fun of this site. By the way, do you have the wrong label under your avatar, or are you no longer an admin?

Spoiler works by clicking the 'page' icon next to the insert video icon on the reply header.

May 1, 2017 at 6:59 AM Post #3,276 of 22,475
Encouraging impressions, thanks!

If that was your idea then it was brilliant as the pictures were half the fun of this site. By the way, do you have the wrong label under your avatar, or are you no longer an admin?

Spoiler works by clicking the 'page' icon next to the insert video icon on the reply header.
I've not been an admin for a few months now. I also suggested that threads have stickies that would show at the top of each page of a thread, good for article links and general info, but it never came to be.

May 1, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #3,279 of 22,475
I don't know if this post is going to make it on to the site. But, for people I have called friends or ocasionally, people I've helped or have helped me. This is goodbye from Head-fi. I find the new format too combersome and difficult to use, competantly. Good luck with your new H2s, postings and enjoyable conversations.
I believe this was a bad move on the part of the administers of head-fi, as their old custom format was more sensibly layed out and strait-forward to use. I'm afraid that means, I must drop out of the H2 tour as well, with apologies to @x relec x.
Thanks everyone for your advice over the years I've been here. Good luck to everyone.
UELong (Kevin Finerty Piano Tuning).

May 1, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #3,280 of 22,475
I don't know if this post is going to make it on to the site. But, for people I have called friends or ocasionally, people I've helped or have helped me. This is goodbye from Head-fi. I find the new format too combersome and difficult to use, competantly. Good luck with your new H2s, postings and enjoyable conversations.
I believe this was a bad move on the part of the administers of head-fi, as their old custom format was more sensibly layed out and strait-forward to use. I'm afraid that means, I must drop out of the H2 tour as well, with apologies to @x relec x.
Thanks everyone for your advice over the years I've been here. Good luck to everyone.
Sad to hear that you are leaving.

I think that Head-Fi will get their new site working at the same level as the previous site, but it may take some time.
I will cut them some slack, even though the site logging me out at random intervals, does really annoy me.

Take a break, and recharge your batteries, and revisit Head-Fi in a few weeks, and hopefully you will feel ok to start posting again. :smile_phones:

May 1, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #3,281 of 22,475

Completely understandable Kevin. Best wishes and hope to see you around if you wander back.

May 1, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #3,282 of 22,475

I am not far beyond.

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #3,283 of 22,475
Kevin, sad to see you go! Maybe you'll find the motivation to take another attempt later, with a more mature forum functionality.

However, I wish you lots of joy with your Hugo². :raised_hand:

May 1, 2017 at 6:45 PM Post #3,284 of 22,475
Kevin, we have shared X5, QP1R and Hugo purchases! Know you must be frustrated, but hope to see you back soon.

May 1, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #3,285 of 22,475
I wish you'll come back soon, Kevin.

Maybe the site will get fixed soon! Seems it wasn't their decision entirely, the old platform has been dropped recently and they could't use it anymore or something like this. I'm still looking to learn why this happened... For now we should treat it like the "lesser of two evils" kind of thing and try our best to somehow enjoy it as it is (?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back