Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Apr 11, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #2,761 of 22,535
@Dithyrambes
My appreciation of Chord DAC product comes from the obvious advancement they have in both applying digital sampling theory to analog conversion and the understanding of all the details required in the implementation. Like, seriously, just look at how clean and simple the Hugo2 or Dave innards are. Compared to the toroids, shielding, hundreds of components, big capacitors and multi daughter boards on other DACs. It's clear there is so much expertise embedded in the FPGA and circuit design that the others just don't have.

And then there is RobWatts continued presence here and open willingness to tell all and answer as much as he can. He's quite blunt about the technical downsides of other DAC approaches and open about what more he has to learn and how far he can still go to full transparency. I've learned so much from him. Where are the other mfr designers chiming in to do likewise??
Expensive yes...But IMHO the best sounding DACs from the best digital audio designer.

Oh, and when it comes time to trade in your ChordDAC-2017 on a ChordDAC-2020 you will have 100x the buyers over the others.
Maybe Dcs let their dacs do the talking for them

Apr 11, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #2,768 of 22,535
Jesus Christ sell your car? Thats terrible dude lol. You dont have to sell the car just keep it. Selling the house will get you way more money and maybe with all that extra cash you can get an HE-1. Just sleep in the car. Pretend its a mobile home on a budget.

Apr 11, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #2,769 of 22,535
Jesus Christ sell your car? Thats terrible dude lol. You dont have to sell the car just keep it. Selling the house will get you way more money and maybe with all that extra cash you can get an HE-1. Just sleep in the car. Pretend its a mobile home on a budget.

That's silly. You should of course sell the house and the car. Then rent out the back of your local Hi-Fi Audio store. Food can be delivered.

Apr 11, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #2,770 of 22,535
Originally Posted by danieldpagan [COLOR=22229C]
[/COLOR]

That's silly. You should of course sell the house and the car. Then rent out the back of your local Hi-Fi Audio store. Food can be delivered.

oh my goodness...more silliness: what of being even more creative:
get your partner to ''work the corner'' (ok ok..only wkend nights)
also what of live organ harvesting...visit all those neighbours you haven't seen for some time...
...lots of money there!
 Monty Python, please show us the way....

Enjoy a classic! :beerchug:

Apr 11, 2017 at 11:48 PM Post #2,773 of 22,535
Any Hugo 2's in the wild yet? Any reviews?

I been living under a rock for the last week and haven't seen any myself.

Haven't seen anything about it yet 
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #2,774 of 22,535
I had a chance to do a direct comparison at the show. It's a significant upgrade. Really brought new life to my JH Audio Angie. The most noticeable attributes is a much blacker background (which means more soundstage and separation in this case) and a more natural timbre.

https://audiobacon.net/2017/04/11/original-chord-hugo-vs-chord-hugo-2-review/

Apr 12, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #2,775 of 22,535
  I had a chance to do a direct comparison at the show. It's a significant upgrade. Really brought new life to my JH Audio Angie. The most noticeable attributes is a much blacker background (which means more soundstage and separation in this case) and a more natural timbre.

https://audiobacon.net/2017/04/11/original-chord-hugo-vs-chord-hugo-2-review/

More natural timbre, you mean it has smooth or rolled off highs? 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back