Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Mar 19, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #1,921 of 22,472
Here's a question I wish I could have a poll on:

How many of you Mojo owners will be selling it (or are considering it) once you get the Hugo2?

I am thinking of doing just that...selling my Mojo and using my Dragonfly red (with ipod touch 6) as my DAC for walk around portable use (as it's not going to be quiet outside ... ambient noise, so critical listening isn't ideal here)...But for when I'm sitting down for a longer listening session, say in a quiet Cafe, office after work or at home, I'll use the Hugo2.

anyone else thinking the same?

I was thinking of doing this...but...Poly...

Hugo 2 will eventually get its own version but who knows how long that will take? Once I get use to Hugo 2 it might be hard to go back to Mojo for my nightime listening sessions.

My plan is to keep Mojo for now, do some comparisons with Hugo 2 then decide.

Mar 19, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #1,923 of 22,472
Im so on the fence about pulling the trigger on a Hugo 2. I love my Mojo but its dedicated to 100% portable use between the office and travel.

Mar 19, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #1,924 of 22,472

Makes perfect sense! I've had to turn on my internal BS What filter more than a few times on this thread.

I certainly hope you aren't referring to my post on the matter. At the end of the day the filter achieves the softer/smoother sound by not fully utilizing the WTA filter capabilities of the Hugo2 (according to Rob).  Of course each user will have to determine if that matters to them over their sonic preferences. That doesn't mean I said the orange/red filters are not good or not an improvement to the previous generation in any way, nor did I imply the Hugo2 will be the same as the Mojo. 

@musickid keeps analyzing what these filters are about and the simple fact of the matter is that it doesn't really matter at the end of the day. Each Hugo2 owner should use whichever filter they want based on their preferences, but if asking about what the differences are then Rob has gracefully already shared information about the differences between the filters. That is why I posted my reply to @musickid .

Mar 19, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #1,926 of 22,472
I certainly hope you aren't referring to my post on the matter.

Nope, just a general and personal opinion regarding the notion of getting a Dave for less than 1/4 the price. Or a really expensive Mojo too.

Mar 19, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #1,927 of 22,472
Nope, just a general and personal opinion regarding the notion of getting a Dave for less than 1/4 the price. Or a really expensive Mojo too.

Ah, apologies. I agree with you 100% there.

beerchug.gif

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #1,928 of 22,472
No, just that: Buy a Hugo² and stop obsessing!

It has far more power than the HE1000 (V2) will ever need. Hugo + HE1000 was the best sound I've ever heard from a dynamic headphone before the DAVE era. Adding any of my amps made the sound less clear, less impulsive and less controlled.

Thanks

Feel much better now with the purchase and saving for a Dave.

Mar 20, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #1,929 of 22,472
Here's a question I wish I could have a poll on:

How many of you Mojo owners will be selling it (or are considering it) once you get the Hugo2?

I am thinking of doing just that...selling my Mojo and using my Dragonfly red (with ipod touch 6) as my DAC for walk around portable use (as it's not going to be quiet outside ... ambient noise, so critical listening isn't ideal here)...But for when I'm sitting down for a longer listening session, say in a quiet Cafe, office after work or at home, I'll use the Hugo2.

anyone else thinking the same?

I'll probably get a Poly and assign Mojo to be the portable player. 

Mar 20, 2017 at 8:24 AM Post #1,930 of 22,472

What percentage is the Hugo 2 in relation to the sound quality of the Dave? I think I would like the Hugo 2, but it'll end up being too bulky for portable use in general for me.

Mar 20, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #1,931 of 22,472
I think you would need something with a bit more push. The TToby is only "[COLOR=333333]100w RMS per channel @ 0.016% distortion into 4Ω" which could mean it is just 50 watts into 8 ohms for all we know, Chord is not saying... If you want a real upgrade you may wish to consider something else.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]I hate it when amplifier manufacturers fail to provide basic specifications. Chord has done a poor job here:[/COLOR]
http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/product/ttoby/
See the excellent review from Paul Miller in HighFiNews a couple of months ago believe me TToby has plenty of power.

Mar 20, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #1,932 of 22,472
Any updates on chord hugo 2 delivery dates to UK dealers. my deposit is placed with a date to pay off the balance. he did tell me they would be arriving in 1's and he thinks silver units will be arriving first. all i have to do now is decide on colour. i originally told them black (which is also very nice) but rang up today to tell them i may go silver!!!lol. the silver would compliment my imac and i feel that they are more 'energetic and lively even playful' than the black units. for my tastes. if silver units really do arrive first it may be a deal clincher. i originally went from exploring the mojo not too long ago. now look where i am. lol. with good reason though.

Mar 20, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #1,933 of 22,472
  What percentage is the Hugo 2 in relation to the sound quality of the Dave? I think I would like the Hugo 2, but it'll end up being too bulky for portable use in general for me.

73%

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #1,934 of 22,472

around  21.167%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back