Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Mar 19, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #1,908 of 22,510
  I own HUGO1, Mojo, and I really hope that not too far away we will get a "poly for the HUGO2" (with 1 tb storage ? 
wink.gif
 )

John has stated Hugo2 will have a streaming add-on with "additional desktop features" and i've asked for a full sized sd card slot but with no response.

Mar 19, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #1,909 of 22,510
Those Hugo owners who plan on buying Hugo 2,

What % has your Hugo been portable versus as your desk top Dac/amp?

I didn't have Hugo but Mojo and it was

80 % portable and only 20% desktop use for me.

I think Hugo 2 is gonna be

70% Desk Top
30% portable.

You?

Mar 19, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #1,910 of 22,510
Those Hugo owners who plan on buying Hugo 2,

What % has your Hugo been portable versus as your desk top Dac/amp?

I didn't have Hugo but Mojo and it was

80 % portable and only 20% desktop use for me.

I think Hugo 2 is gonna be

70% Desk Top
30% portable.

You?

As a Mojo owner, i started off as 100% portable, but for a long time I have been 100% desktop. I expect that Hugo 2 will also be 100% desktop.

Mar 19, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #1,911 of 22,510
Here's a question,whenever I buy a what hi-fi magazine they seem to rave about Naim gear but with the Chord they have to complain about little things even though they know the sound is in a different class, why?Another question, does john Franks pick the design of the casing and Rob watts has to design and squeeze everything into that shape,would a rectangle box give Rob more room to improve things,I love the look of the chords BTW

With respect to hi-fi magazines, what they write depends a great deal on who is paying for advertising. They are not going to find many faults with equipment from manufacturers who are paying them money, are they?

Mar 19, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #1,915 of 22,510
I'm going to be using the Hugo 2 95% of the time at home but when I go on trips I may take it with me. 

One of my biggest fears is getting Hugo 2 lost or stolen, it won't be easy to financially replace it..

Mar 19, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #1,918 of 22,510
Here's a question I wish I could have a poll on:

How many of you Mojo owners will be selling it (or are considering it) once you get the Hugo2?

I am thinking of doing just that...selling my Mojo and using my Dragonfly red (with ipod touch 6) as my DAC for walk around portable use (as it's not going to be quiet outside ... ambient noise, so critical listening isn't ideal here)...But for when I'm sitting down for a longer listening session, say in a quiet Cafe, office after work or at home, I'll use the Hugo2.

anyone else thinking the same?

Mar 19, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #1,919 of 22,510
Here's a question I wish I could have a poll on:

How many of you Mojo owners will be selling it (or are considering it) once you get the Hugo2?

I am thinking of doing just that...selling my Mojo and using my Dragonfly red as my DAC for walk around portable use (as it's not going to be quiet outside ... ambient noise, so critical listening isn't ideal here)...But for when I'm sitting down for a longer listening session, say in a quiet Cafe, office after work or at home, I'll use the Hugo2.

anyone else thinking the same?

I will keep my Mojo. I would use the Mojo for portable use and the Hugo for at home use. Im considering selling everthing else that I have and just staying with Chord products only.

Mar 19, 2017 at 9:55 PM Post #1,920 of 22,510
I will keep my Mojo. I would use the Mojo for portable use and the Hugo for at home use. Im considering selling everthing else that I have and just staying with Chord products only.

And ideally that's how chord wants you to do it...And don't get me wrong I love my mojo...Just the dragonfly is lighter, easier for on the go...but we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back