Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Aug 28, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #14,041 of 22,467
Search hugo 2 on z1r thread fantastic combo and my next headphone purchase hopefully once i have hoarded enough currency.

Silver hugo 2 arriving tomorrow very happy. Mscaler deposit down and once i receive it that's where i draw the line (financially) and just start to really enjoy my music and exploring roon some more.

Congrats on the Hugo 2. Miss mine already.

Going for the Z1R? Thought you were into the Empyreans?

Aug 28, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #14,042 of 22,467
No silly price for me anyhow... meze.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #14,044 of 22,467
I also have the Z1R and Hugo 2. Fantastic pairing. Hugo controls the bass of the Z1R very well. So it doesn’t sound flabby.
The Sony/Kimber cable tightens the bass up as well. The Axios/Z1R pairing would probably even better with the Hugo 2

Aug 28, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #14,046 of 22,467
I'm not going to ask today but will try and find out next week when people return from holiday, I am privileged to certain info from Chord but have privacy-agreement with John re-products which I totally respect & honour that said, if I ask on behalf of you guys for the most I'll get a positive answer... as Arnie says 'I'll be back'.

While you are at it, would you mind asking where H2 and mojo owners can buy new batteries, and if they can't be purchased, why not?

Aug 28, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #14,047 of 22,467
Search hugo 2 on z1r thread fantastic combo and my next headphone purchase hopefully once i have hoarded enough currency.

Silver hugo 2 arriving tomorrow very happy. Mscaler deposit down and once i receive it that's where i draw the line (financially) and just start to really enjoy my music and exploring roon some more.

listening to billy joel//my life.

Hey, how can you draw the line without having DAVE? Congrats on your silver Hugo.

Aug 28, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #14,048 of 22,467
While you are at it, would you mind asking where H2 and mojo owners can buy new batteries, and if they can't be purchased, why not?

I’m just interested, do you have a mojo or H2 that needs a new battery?

Aug 28, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #14,049 of 22,467
Hey, how can you draw the line without having DAVE? Congrats on your silver Hugo.

The line could possibly be drawn if he buys the mscaler for his new second H2 now, uses the Scaler with H2 for a while and then in a few years go straight to Daves succesor. Thus skipping daddy dave ( saw that name on the discovery channel ) and possibly getting the greatest bang for his buck/pound/yen etc

But by that time, the mscaler will be bigger and possibly built in to chords next big daddy dac.

Aug 28, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #14,050 of 22,467
I’m just interested, do you have a mojo or H2 that needs a new battery?

Yes, I have a good reason to want this battery. The dealer in my country is 8 hours drive away and I would infinitely prefer just having a battery sent to me rather than have to send my Mojo to the dealer, paying him some absurd amount of money for unscrewing and screwing back a few screws and having it sent back.

Seriously, I don't get why this is such a big deal. Why can't Chord just tell us what batteries are needed and where we can buy them? I have been told that this battery is easily user replaceable. Well, to replace it you first have to have a fresh battery, right?

Aug 28, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #14,051 of 22,467
The line could possibly be drawn if he buys the mscaler for his new second H2 now, uses the Scaler with H2 for a while and then in a few years go straight to Daves succesor. Thus skipping daddy dave ( saw that name on the discovery channel ) and possibly getting the greatest bang for his buck/pound/yen etc

But by that time, the mscaler will be bigger and possibly built in to chords next big daddy dac.

Good thinking. I think the mscaler will certainly be built into Chords next high end dac. Of course it will probably still be provided to those who have entry level dacs and will elevate their performance. I would be ordering an mscaler ASAP if I had an H2.

Aug 28, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #14,052 of 22,467
Yes, I have a good reason to want this battery. The dealer in my country is 8 hours drive away and I would infinitely prefer just having a battery sent to me rather than have to send my Mojo to the dealer, paying him some absurd amount of money for unscrewing and screwing back a few screws and having it sent back.

Seriously, I don't get why this is such a big deal. Why can't Chord just tell us what batteries are needed and where we can buy them? I have been told that this battery is easily user replaceable. Well, to replace it you first have to have a fresh battery, right?

Ok, so if your mojo batteries have failed (I assume that is what you mean by having ‘good reason to want this battery’) then maybe the best route is to contact Chord by email and ask them either to sell you a battery or tell you where to buy one. I am sure it isn’t a big deal but normally people try to sort things out directly before going public on a forum. That’s all.

Aug 28, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #14,053 of 22,467
Ok, so if your mojo batteries have failed (I assume that is what you mean by having ‘good reason to want this battery’) then maybe the best route is to contact Chord by email and ask them either to sell you a battery or tell you where to buy one. I am sure it isn’t a big deal but normally people try to sort things out directly before going public on a forum. That’s all.

I still don't see what the big deal is. Is there some secret here that I am missing? Is this not exactly the kind of thing that should be on a forum because there must be thousands of owners of these devices that could benefit from this information? Is it really preferable for Chord to deal with all of them directly by email? Sorry, but I just don't get it.

Aug 28, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #14,054 of 22,467
I still don't see what the big deal is. Is there some secret here that I am missing? Is this not exactly the kind of thing that should be on a forum because there must be thousands of owners of these devices that could benefit from this information? Is it really preferable for Chord to deal with all of them directly by email? Sorry, but I just don't get it.

It's clear they don't want people opening it up and tinkering inside. Too much potential damage by the user could occur. The manual even states something like 'no user-servicable parts inside'.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #14,055 of 22,467

But either you need a battery (and if I did I would first contact my dealer or Chord and see if I could order one) or you don’t yet and you are trying to make a point. Has your Mojo or H2 battery failed? Are there really thousands of owners with dead batteries that could benefit from this information as you claim? I must say that I have yet to see pop up businesses replacing Hugo 1 batteries and surely there would be if there was a demand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back