Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Dec 31, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #9,676 of 22,512
I suppose one could at least raise it off the desktop by half and inch or so

Or even better would be to use vibration absorbing supports, I use a set of Deflex/Milty Polipods polymer vibration absorbers (available at www.analogueseduction.net £19.99 for 8 direct and at Amazon.uk for £17.99 from seller Analogue Seduction) under the power supply for my Jeff Rowland Corus preamp but if you're using your Hugo 2 away from loudspeakers that create vibrations then you wouldn't need the anti-vibration element. I did also buy some smaller support thingies but I can't find the info but a small support cone with self-adhesive bottoms would be ideal for raising your H2 to help reduce heat.

Edit: I'm now using my 4 remaining Deflex/Milty Polipods under my H2, they are very soft and sticky so have no need for self-adhesive bottoms and the H2 is now on stilts and won't budge even if I gently pull on the headphone cable. Looks quite cool............I'm easily impressed btw.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #9,677 of 22,512
Custom cans in the UK. Brilliant for making bespoke adaptors such as these. You can specify exactly what terminations you want. Highly recommended.

You are fantastic, great recommendation, thank you ! I could have a pink Balanced cable with matching adapter.............Maybe not..........

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #9,678 of 22,512
I buy headphone cables from Atlas Cables (UK) but they might be struggling with an adapter (2.5mm Balanced to 3.5mm SE) so I can go from Balanced use with my QP2R to using my Hugo 2 (without changing cables). I am enjoying a pair of Utopias on Christmas loan at the mo, Atlas cables very kindly provided a 2.5mm Balanced cable to the UK Distributors of Focal, Questyle & various other brands but if I buy a pair of Utopias I don't want to swop cables and nor do I wish to use the standard far too long (for me) cable.
Have you or any of the others who provided help to the other Head-Fier got any suggestions for sourcing a 2.5mm to 3.5mm SE adapter?
Do you mean something like this?

Dec 31, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #9,679 of 22,512
Do you mean something like this?

I'd need to check whether this would work in the Questyle QP2R 2.5mm Balanced socket but it's cheap as chips, for sure. I'll pop onto Amazon.uk and see if they stock it. Thanks.

Dec 31, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #9,680 of 22,512
My adapter that I bought is stereo and has 2 black rings and that works fine. I think 3 rings don’t work as that is for video. Any thoughts what is best is appreciated!

The 3.5mm coax input is actually 3 pole (2 black rings). This is because it supports 2 separate coax inputs (selectable via the input button), or a combined double coax input to support rates up to 768kHz. Therefore you can use a single phono to mono (1 ring) RCA adapter, or one of those stereo 3.5mm to two RCA socket adapters just fine! No problem with either.

Also as a sidenote, Amazon do a well constructed coax phono to phono cable for very little money, https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-Digital-Audio-Coaxial-Cable-Black/dp/B01D5H8UTW

Dec 31, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #9,681 of 22,512
Or even better would be to use vibration absorbing supports, I use a set of Deflex Audio (www.deflexaudio.com) polymer supports under the power supply for my Jeff Rowland Corus preamp but if you're using your Hugo 2 away from loudspeakers that create vibrations then you wouldn't need the anti-vibration element. I did also buy some smaller support thingies but I can't find the info but a small support cone with self-adhesive bottoms would be ideal for raising your H2 to help reduce heat.

Edit: I'm now using my 4 remaining Deflex Audio supports under my H2, they are very soft so have no need for self-adhesive bottoms and the H2 is now on stilts and won't budge even if I gently pull on the headphone cable.
Your link opens a webpage for a punjabi restaurant! :confused:
Mind you, the food looks good, and makes me feel like murdering a curry.

Dec 31, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #9,683 of 22,512
Your link opens a webpage for a punjabi restaurant! :confused:
Mind you, the food looks good, and makes me feel like murdering a curry.

I see what you mean, they've pinched the website address. I've changed the post and added more info (as a penance). Wi-fi has cooked a turkey curry for tonight, who was the idiot who ordered too large a turkey? Not wi-fi btw. I'm done with turkey until next Christmas.

Dec 31, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #9,684 of 22,512
Not that I'll ever be able to worry about this, but how does one select dual co/ax mode on the H2? Is it automatically chosen when you have Blu2 or a future m-scaler hooked up?

Didn't you say that your New Year's resolution was not to ask any more awkward questions in the Hugo 2 thread?

Dec 31, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #9,685 of 22,512
Not that I'll ever be able to worry about this, but how does one select dual co/ax mode on the H2? Is it automatically chosen when you have Blu2 or a future m-scaler hooked up?
Since your not worried or will worry, not tellin :ksc75smile:

Dec 31, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #9,686 of 22,512
I see what you mean, they've pinched the website address. I've changed the post and added more info (as a penance). Wi-fi has cooked a turkey curry for tonight, who was the idiot who ordered too large a turkey? Not wi-fi btw. I'm done with turkey until next Christmas.
That curry sounds good to me.
A turkey is too big for me, so a few years ago I switched to buying a large duck for roasting. The duck fat is also great for the roast potatoes.
Mind you, this year i decided to try something different - two large pork filet mignon, wrapped in ham and then cooked in the oven. Pleasantly surprised with the results.

Dec 31, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #9,687 of 22,512
Dec 31, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #9,690 of 22,512
That curry sounds good to me.
A turkey is too big for me, so a few years ago I switched to buying a large duck for roasting. The duck fat is also great for the roast potatoes.
Mind you, this year i decided to try something different - two large pork filet mignon, wrapped in ham and then cooked in the oven. Pleasantly surprised with the results.

I'd better say my Hugo 2 likes duck or the Moderators will be complaining! I used duck fat for the roasties on Christmas Day, I never cease to be amazed by the many talents we all appear to have...............I read this thread from page 1 and there's lots of entertaining stuff apart from the H2 posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back