Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Dec 24, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #9,556 of 22,475
I will jump onto 2go just the date it will be released, just on the basis of mojopoly experience which some find frustrating. 2 go and h2 willbe my end of the game main system for streaming and playing sd card music. But still curious about mscaler effect even if i do not understand exactly what it does:)
Depends on the final feature set for the 2go, for me. I'm not into streaming; choice, not condemnation. I have enough music on my drives to keep me listening for a long time. My purchasing decision will be on the nature of control of the unit.

Dec 24, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #9,557 of 22,475
Maybe, but RW seems to have the chops to back it up.

I had my tongue firmly in my cheek and was teasing Rob perhaps this guy didn't understand this? Personally I prefer the designer of my Hugo 2 to be telling us how confident he is and how he has a road plan for new products. And yes, Rob has the 'chops' as you put it.........

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #9,558 of 22,475
The ego in this thread, at tImes, is embarrassing.

giphy.gif
Indeed!

Dec 24, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #9,559 of 22,475
I had my tongue firmly in my cheek and was teasing Rob perhaps this guy didn't understand this? Personally I prefer the designer of my Hugo 2 to be telling us how confident he is and how he has a road plan for new products. And yes, Rob has the 'chops' as you put it.........

Apologies if my post appeared arrogant. I am afraid that questioning roadmaps was a little like a red flag to a bull, as one thing I do do is plan for the very long term. Ten years ago I knew that an M scaler (million tap WTA) would be on the horizon; indeed 5 years ago I was finishing designing 1M tap filters so I could scope out the future FPGA requirements. And I put features into products that then take many years before they will get utilised, such as Dave's DX outputs.

Anyway, happy holidays and a happy New Year!

Dec 24, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #9,565 of 22,475
Would the H2 benefit from a LPS in desktop mode?
I doubt it because the charger only gives a trickle charge even in desktop mode. The H2 is still run off the batteries as I understand it. The desktop mode merely means that the charge voltage is less than a full charge voltage in order to give extra life to the batteries. (again, that’s my understanding)

Dec 25, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #9,569 of 22,475
I know I said it a few times, that I have upgraded my desktop audio rig. However there has been another sort of development since doing so.

Initially I had the Mojo and my amp and speakers. I found once I had upgraded to those amp and speakers, that all I did was listen to music. I am a very keen computer gamer, and normally clock up quite a few hours in PC games. However right now, my play time on Steam (gaming platform) is only 5.6 hours over the last two weeks. I also dabbled a bit in a new game over on Uplay (another gaming platform), but only about an hour.

This just goes to show how good the Mojo is. Even more so now since I bought the Hugo 2. ... I mean, I have top quality games like Rise of the Tomb Raider to play. Yet right now, instead I am listening to (Dame) Shirley Bassey singing, Send in the Clowns.

I think I am adjusting well to the Hugo 2. I said initially that I found it fractionally warm on my system, and the warmth may be my amp. I think the Hugo 2 is just perfectly neutral, and only gives a natural warmth to sound.

I think I am going to have to tear myself away from music for a while though. As I must play that Tomb Raider. Only with life being so short, ya gotta listen to your Chord DAC.

Thank you Chord, Rob and John, for making this Hugo 2.
(A mention for Audio T for selling me the Hugo 2.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back