Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Dec 23, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #9,541 of 22,508
I'm sure they have it all worked out but are there Hugo 2 users out there who use it on the go and who wouldn't mind another attachment in the form of 2go? Desktop users will be fine with that no doubt but IMO 2go makes more sense for 2qute.
Depending on the nature of the 2go, I could see myself going portable with it. If it could be carried around with an SD or microSD card in it, I could finally get my QP1r's right channel repaired. I am hoping the 2go turns the Hugo2 into some sort of a super DAP. No point in wishing; we'll know in the next 6 months or so.

Dec 23, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #9,542 of 22,508
what does everyone think of actually making a h2/blu2 combo a reality? so far only one or two headf'iers seem to have actually tried this. in all cases the feedback indicates a very strong competitor to a standalone dave.:grey_question:

i'm thinking of getting a new h2 but i am nervous because of the bad luck i had last summer. reports of faults are drastically lower now than in the summer though.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #9,543 of 22,508
what does everyone think of actually making a h2/blu2 combo a reality? so far only one or two headf'iers seem to have actually tried this. in all cases the feedback indicates a very strong competitor to a standalone dave.:grey_question:

i'm thinking of getting a new h2 but i am nervous because of the bad luck i had last summer. reports of faults are drastically lower now than in the summer though.
I got an early version with no problems. I think you'll be fine now. The H2Blu2 is whatever the price, about can$13,000.00 cheaper than Dave/Blu2.

Dec 23, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #9,545 of 22,508
one day with more powerful new families of fpga's and more efficient power handling it should be a reality.

Chord has bet the farm on WTA and they are beholden to FPGA chip roadmaps for better performance. If we're 3-5 years out before m-scaler's become mainstream for Chord they had better hope the competition does not approach their SQ with more cost effective designs.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #9,546 of 22,508
Rob with chord will have forecast every possible technological outcome dependant on what may or may not occur with competitors and technological evolution. this is std business practice. whether or not a company gets all this exactly right ultimately determines their success. nothing is left to chance when big money is involved. as long as their products sound better than others it is this factor which will ultimately determine their success/market share etc. its ruthless out there.:motorcycle:

Rachmaninov symphony 2 roon

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #9,548 of 22,508
Chord has bet the farm on WTA and they are beholden to FPGA chip roadmaps for better performance. If we're 3-5 years out before m-scaler's become mainstream for Chord they had better hope the competition does not approach their SQ with more cost effective designs.

Sorry but you have this about face; I have a roadmap; I can clearly see where I want to be and how I will get there in ten years; I know how to improve real sound quality performance and I know how that will get done.

The competition are the guys without any real future - dependent upon devices that can't improve, and ran by design teams that have not even asked the right questions yet.

Dec 24, 2017 at 5:10 AM Post #9,549 of 22,508
I'd love to hear about your guitar dongles, one day. Hate tripping over cords on stage.

Used it at a pub Christmas gig last night. So small, slots on guitar and amp using tiny internal rechargeable battery. Look up 'Xvive U2 Wireless' on Amazon. Unobtrusive, no lag and perfect in small places, but larger groups use Line 6 and Shure mains units for arenas!

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2017 at 5:52 AM Post #9,550 of 22,508

I suspect Hugo2/blu2 will be wonderful, but certainly not for me at present. I find Hugo2 beguiling enough for now , but I will upgrade in a few years time.

A word of advice - take your time, really take your time with your next purchase, because to me your mind seems to flit from one idea to the other. So just take your time. AND also make sure you live for now and really enjoy everthing the Mojo can bring to you.

Cheers !!!

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #9,551 of 22,508
Sorry but you have this about face; I have a roadmap; I can clearly see where I want to be and how I will get there in ten years; I know how to improve real sound quality performance and I know how that will get done.

The competition are the guys without any real future - dependent upon devices that can't improve, and ran by design teams that have not even asked the right questions yet.

As I'm really enjoying listening to Arnesen's version of the Magnificat downloaded from the 2L high res website (thank you Hugo 2 owner who recommended this in the thread) with my loaner Utopias and my Hugo 2, I will forgive you your cockiness :slight_smile:. But good to have supreme confidence in your long term road plan too.

Dec 24, 2017 at 7:50 AM Post #9,553 of 22,508
As I'm really enjoying listening to Arnesen's version of the Magnificat downloaded from the 2L high res website (thank you Hugo 2 owner who recommended this in the thread) with my loaner Utopias and my Hugo 2, I will forgive you your cockiness :slight_smile:. But good to have supreme confidence in your long term road plan too.

The ego in this thread, at tImes, is embarrassing.

Dec 24, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #9,554 of 22,508
Depending on the nature of the 2go, I could see myself going portable with it. If it could be carried around with an SD or microSD card in it, I could finally get my QP1r's right channel repaired. I am hoping the 2go turns the Hugo2 into some sort of a super DAP. No point in wishing; we'll know in the next 6 months or so.
I will jump onto 2go just the date it will be released, just on the basis of mojopoly experience which some find frustrating. 2 go and h2 willbe my end of the game main system for streaming and playing sd card music. But still curious about mscaler effect even if i do not understand exactly what it does:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back