Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Dec 27, 2017 at 2:01 AM Post #9,589 of 22,516
Doesn’t hugo 2 support OSX natively; no driver needed? Looks like Windows needs to keep up on custom accessibility, not Mac.
I'm talking about accessability for blind users. The need to get drivers is so easy and unimportant when set against wondering if your next Mac OS update push has done away with useful functionality, turning your Mac into a sighted brick. And why blow money on a Mac when Windows is just fine. Windows has so many 3rd-party well-designed programs for accessability that Mac will never have.

Dec 27, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #9,590 of 22,516
Ah. I don’t need accessibility features - so I see your point there. That said, as a professional software engineer - I beg to differ that windows is just fine. Regardless, I’ve taken us off topic.

Looking forward to see if CES 2018 brings us an updated 2qute offering with hugo 2 internals.

Dec 27, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #9,591 of 22,516
And why blow money on a Mac when Windows is just fine.

In serious danger of going off topic here . . . . . . . but I don't think 'just fine' is good enough. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: And obviously nor do you as this a H2 thread!

Dec 27, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #9,593 of 22,516
Dec 27, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #9,597 of 22,516
Any thoughts on what the demand might be for a Hugo-2-Poly-device? I'm not understanding the appeal of this. Mojo+poly = maybe(?), since the combo is small enough to carry in one pocket.
Hugo 2, even with nothing else strapped to it, isn't really something I'd want to carry in a pocket. And at home, what would a poly-type device get me that I wouldn't already have via my Shanling M1 with HiBy-link?
Due to the size like your describing, I would suspect it would be something that you would carry in a backpack if your traveling. I am capable of putting a Hugo 2 in my pocket but it fits my whole pocket (I would have to use a case for protection with it so thats even more room).

Im guessing the reason they would want to make this could be the fact of using it wirelessly in a 2 channel set up at home, Wifi connection to stream in the car, and also backpack like I mentioned? This is all just off the top of my head. I also think there are other situations that I am not thinking of that others have utilized with their mojo/poly combo, that would be the same with the Hugo 2?

Dec 27, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #9,598 of 22,516
Due to the size like your describing, I would suspect it would be something that you would carry in a backpack if your traveling. I am capable of putting a Hugo 2 in my pocket but it fits my whole pocket (I would have to use a case for protection with it so thats even more room).

Im guessing the reason they would want to make this could be the fact of using it wirelessly in a 2 channel set up at home, Wifi connection to stream in the car, and also backpack like I mentioned? This is all just off the top of my head. I also think there are other situations that I am not thinking of that others have utilized with their mojo/poly combo, that would be the same with the Hugo 2?
It would be great, portably. But the one thing I'm not crazy about, is waiting 24 hours to get back into desktop mode every time I disconnect the PS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back