Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Nov 15, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #8,866 of 22,516
@Rob Watts, would you happen to know the max output of the Hugo 2 with an 80 Ohm load?

Nov 15, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #8,868 of 22,516
latest

Amp talk?
I use my gsx mk2 on everything

Nov 16, 2017 at 12:14 AM Post #8,869 of 22,516
Nov 16, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #8,871 of 22,516
Has anyone found a pair of powered or efficient near field speakers that really work well with either the Hugo2 or Dave? Focal makes some really nice powered speakers in the 2K price range. I want to go from Hugo2 direct to speakers with eventually upgrading to Dave.

Nov 16, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #8,872 of 22,516
"I didn't like the Utopias straight out of the DAVE. I initially thought it was the headphones themselves, but when I got them home on my own system, then there was the soundstage they seemed not to have with other systems. I suspect the sheer speed of the top tube and solid state amps are simply better in this regard, and the headphones themselves needed equipment that could match the speed of the drivers." - Sauce

I'm not responding to this anymore because I don't care. But the opinion exists. Again, I'm not Hugo 2 is bad with Utopia... It just wasn't my favorite. No need to come out with guns drawn, Hugo 2 is fine. I mean I know he's also complaining about the DAC in general, but he didn't like Utopia out of DAVE.

You are a very-very brave man speaking your mind on here regarding the benefits of amping your H2!! :k701smile::k701smile:

sHvEPkW.gif

Nov 16, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #8,876 of 22,516
Has anyone found a pair of powered or efficient near field speakers that really work well with either the Hugo2 or Dave? Focal makes some really nice powered speakers in the 2K price range. I want to go from Hugo2 direct to speakers with eventually upgrading to Dave.

My jaw continues to drop at DAVE and Hugo2 direct to Omega Super Alnico Monitors. One of our group has a pair of Compact Alnico Monitors on order, so we’ll be able to compare Omega SAMs and CAMs soon.

ESP in near field, the best audio reproduction I’ve ever heard. I had a big section on the experience in the Hugo2 review I just posted.

We’ll probably have another big listening session in the next week or two when tha CAMs and my Blu2 arrive. If you’re in the SoCal area and interested in this combo, PM me

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #8,877 of 22,516
You are a very-very brave man speaking your mind on here regarding the benefits of amping your H2!! :k701smile::k701smile:

sHvEPkW.gif
Eh I mean it very well could have “enough juice” I haven’t really put much investment into it. If it does then I just don’t like the pairing. DAVE sounds far better and warmer to my ears straight out so I was assuming power had something to do with it.

Nov 16, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #8,878 of 22,516
My jaw continues to drop at DAVE and Hugo2 direct to Omega Super Alnico Monitors. One of our group has a pair of Compact Alnico Monitors on order, so we’ll be able to compare Omega SAMs and CAMs soon.

ESP in near field, the best audio reproduction I’ve ever heard. I had a big section on the experience in the Hugo2 review I just posted.

We’ll probably have another big listening session in the next week or two when tha CAMs and my Blu2 arrive. If you’re in the SoCal area and interested in this combo, PM me
Just recently found out about Omega speakers. I find it fascinating the design based on single full range speaker.And the owner Louis is a great guy to talk to.
I am thinking of getting the Juniors XRS to pair with Hugo 2. They are rated 98 dB and should play louder. The problem is that i never heard them, but the reviews are fantastic. Hugo 2 should have just about enough power to drive them, and Dave being perfect.

Nov 16, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #8,880 of 22,516
Just recently found out about Omega speakers. I find it fascinating the design based on single full range speaker.And the owner Louis is a great guy to talk to.
I am thinking of getting the Juniors XRS to pair with Hugo 2. They are rated 98 dB and should play louder. The problem is that i never heard them, but the reviews are fantastic. Hugo 2 should have just about enough power to drive them, and Dave being perfect.

It would be interesting to hear how well the XRS's can keep up with the Chord kit. The super alnico drivers are something special. If you have a chance to audition the XRS's please report back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back