Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Jun 21, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #4,741 of 22,475
I know it is personal opinion and I know it is highly subjective, but I appreciate you taking the time for such. Your writing and your perspective are fascinating. I don't know if I will have the opportunity to listen to DAVE, so it is nice to be able to hear from those who have it as a reference point for the H2. Thanks, Jazz.

Agreed. Thanks. It's good to hear honest opinions and makes this forum work.

Jun 21, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #4,743 of 22,475
save your money and go forest like me. you won't hear any difference imho.

Jun 21, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #4,745 of 22,475
what about a blu 2 for your hugo 2? :smiling_imp::smiling_imp:lol

out of interest blu 2 with usb input feeding 705.6 KHZ upscaled signal into a hugo 2 must sound better than a solitary dave? therefore for slightly more than the cost a dave you get a better end result? if someone could confirm this. also when will the m scaler appear on the market. i understand the m scaler is a seperate device to blu 2 not yet released? completely unchartered territory for me.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #4,746 of 22,475
what about a blu 2 for your hugo 2? :smiling_imp::smiling_imp:lol

out of interest blu 2 with usb input feeding 705.6 KHZ upscaled signal into a hugo 2 must sound better than a solitary dave? therefore for slightly more than the cost a dave you get a better end result? if someone could confirm this. also when will the m scaler appear on the market. i understand the m scaler is a seperate device to blu 2 not yet released? completely unchartered territory for me.

Could someone with a blu 2 please test this? With 705.6 KHZ upscaling something amazing is sure to happen. Are you looking to buy a blu2 or m scaler, musickid? It is completely unchartered territory for me too.

Jun 21, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #4,747 of 22,475
Does M scaler exist? i have not seen one on chord's website. i have no plans at all for the time being as hugo 2 satisfies all of my criteria for enjoying music based on reports so far. in addition to that my budget has reached its limit now. the blu 2 question now becomes a philosophical one. here one has to identify one's end goals. if listening to such a device coupled with a hugo 2 using tidal as the main source really leads to a sonic experience that exceeds one's expectations to the extent that something tangible and of real substance arises to the extent that my understanding and real appreciation of recorded music comes about then maybe in a couple of years from now. sounding sweeter or nicer would not be a reason at that price.

Jun 21, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #4,749 of 22,475
Does M scaler exist? i have not seen one on chord's website. i have no plans at all for the time being as hugo 2 satisfies all of my criteria for enjoying music based on reports so far. in addition to that my budget has reached its limit now. the blu 2 question now becomes a philosophical one. here one has to identify one's end goals. if listening to such a device coupled with a hugo 2 using tidal as the main source really leads to a sonic experience that exceeds one's expectations to the extent that something tangible and of real substance arises to the extent that my understanding and real appreciation of recorded music comes about then maybe in a couple of years from now. sounding sweeter or nicer would not be a reason at that price.

(Yes, buying an item like the Hugo2 and the peripherals needed to appreciate it fully are sure to stretch anyone's budget.)

I agree with your observation. I think that such a high powered combination would provide added insight and information, more layers if you like and a deeper understanding of the recording and music. It would probably not sound any "sweeter", but a sweeter sound is easily achieved. Simply substituting the highly resolving headphones one would normally use with a device of the caliber of Hugo2 with headphones that have a lower resolution would surely sweeten the sound.

Of course, the holy grail of high fidelity sound in the home these days seems to be sound that is sweet and pleasant to listen to and at the same time is high resolution and allows a deep understanding of the music/recording. Essentially, what you would experience at a live performance.

Jun 21, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #4,750 of 22,475
Good times! The first of the Canadian/U.S.A. tour units have arrived!

Looking forward to seeing how it sounds.

One thing is for sure... the Hugo2 is a lot smaller than I thought it would be and the box it came in is a lot larger than I thought it would be, lol.

IMG_4809.JPG IMG_4810.JPG IMG_4811.JPG IMG_4812.JPG IMG_4813.JPG IMG_4814.JPG IMG_4815.JPG IMG_4816.JPG IMG_4817.JPG IMG_4819.JPG IMG_4820.JPG

Jun 21, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #4,751 of 22,475
It will be interesting reading all the impressions.

Jun 22, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #4,753 of 22,475
Good times! The first of the Canadian/U.S.A. tour units have arrived!

Looking forward to seeing how it sounds.

One thing is for sure... the Hugo2 is a lot smaller than I thought it would be and the box it came in is a lot larger than I thought it would be, lol.

Heard nothing on the UK tour unit yet :triportsad:

Jun 22, 2017 at 4:37 AM Post #4,755 of 22,475
Heard nothing on the UK tour unit yet :triportsad:

Sorry, I haven't. The other Canada/U.S.A. units are being sent at staggered times so I reckon Chord is trying to put out as many as possible for the consumers while they catch up with the delays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back