Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Apr 2, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #2,465 of 22,516
found this from the Milton Keynes meet. 

The question of charging from computer is brought up again? he must be wrong here unless i've missed something.

Apr 2, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #2,466 of 22,516
  found this from the Milton Keynes meet. 

The question of charging from computer is brought up again? he must be wrong here unless i've missed something.

Why not ask your dealer?

The Chord spec says

"Charging: Nominal four (4) hours via Micro USB at 1.8amps (fast charge) – Nominal eight (8) hours at 1amp (slow charge)"

So if your pc / mac can supply that charging current then maybe you can use it to charge. I think your question though was whether it will charge through the USB digital audio input?

Apr 2, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #2,467 of 22,516
I think the guy in the video was referring to the micro usb charging input. his comment raises the question of whether the hugo2 can be charged via computer usb assuming the computer supplies at least 1 amp. i thought he was mistaken as all indicators point to charging via the supplied charger or a quality third party charger. i thought it was worth mentioning though on the off chance that the hugo2 can be computer usb charged and that i missed this point.

Paul: I'll have to listen twice or thrice to Maxwell. I recognise some of his tunes just didn't know it was him singing. At the moment just can't quite get into it like a car that refuses to start even with a good push. When the music hits me it hits deep and nothing is hitting me here.

Apr 2, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #2,468 of 22,516
  I think the guy in the video was referring to the micro usb charging input. his comment raises the question of whether the hugo2 can be charged via computer usb assuming the computer supplies at least 1 amp. i thought he was mistaken as all indicators point to charging via the supplied charger or a quality third party charger. i thought it was worth mentioning though on the off chance that the hugo2 can be computer usb charged and that i missed this point.

Paul: I'll have to listen twice or thrice to Maxwell. I recognise some of his tunes just didn't know it was him singing. At the moment just can't quite get into it like a car that refuses to start even with a good push. When the music hits me it hits deep and nothing is hitting me here.

The USB 1 standard only stipulated 0.5A for USB ports, so old PCs/laptops will not be able to charge the Hugo 2
The USB 2 standard introduced 1A for USB ports, so those Pcs do stand a chance of charging the Hugo 2

Apr 2, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #2,469 of 22,516
i would recommend all to stick with the supplied charger. the reviewer in the video must be mistaken resulting in my confusion on reflection.

Apr 2, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #2,471 of 22,516
I've been a stealth proponent all the way. my black hugo2 is already ordered!!

Apr 2, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #2,472 of 22,516
  Thanks to everyone who was involved in todays Meet.  I really enjoyed it - meeting up with old friends and making new ones too.  The kit was amazing - I ended up ordering a Hugo 2 purely based on an audition today (thanks to Paul / Wendy for letting me abscond to the quiet room with this most desired DAC).

My brief notes from the meet are below.  Please treat them as usual non-ideal listening impressions and with the usual 'just my opinion' perspective:

Hugo 2 - I ordered one.  I already own a Mojo and was listening through my HD800s with UAPP on my smartphone.  The DAC was very impressive in driving the HD800s with articulate control of the music.  I listened to various opera tracks - 1960s through to 1980s, Solange - A Seat at the Table, Art Garfunkel - Various Tracks and the HDTRACKS master of Kind of Blue.  

Chord Dave - very nice setup by 'The Attorney'.  Tried a few tracks with my HD800s.  Never fails to impress with its soundstage (height as well as width?}.  

Anyway - great to see you all and thanks for all your efforts in presenting your kit and organising today.

Ade

Apr 2, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #2,473 of 22,516
Can't wait, I'm definetly getting black already pre ordered. I know it's probably not going to be end game for some but for me it will be all I need I might look for a balanced amp to team up with it when a few comparrisons are out I know it's an amp as well but who knows might even be able to make it sound sweeter than it may already be.

Very exited.

Apr 2, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #2,474 of 22,516
forget the amp and invest in flagship headphones. that way you really get the best as the hugo range drive the headphones with plenty of power. hugo2 has more drive than hugo1 even.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back