Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Nov 20, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #17,476 of 22,467
does xudo stream as well? tidal?

I bet you already know the answer to that, :) Nope no streaming, Tidal, etc. Just the ability to insert a 512Gb micro SD card (it probably will take a 1tb card but I don't have one yet) and output a very clean digital signal to an external device.

So no unnecessary circuitry to add jitter and/or RF noise to the audio.

Nov 20, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #17,477 of 22,467
Someone who assisted the event confirmed me that 2Go will be presented in December. No info about retail price yet.

In any case my concern is about software and not hardware. We know it more or less since 2018.

I really dream with a much more professional software. Something more “Apple style”. Something far away from Poly experience.

Let’s see!

Could not have said it better. Imagine paying even more than the poly price and keep dealing with dropout issues, non-stop battery drain with unit turned off, 3rd party DNLA issues, having to re-index my card everytime I add even one single song... sigh

Nov 21, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #17,479 of 22,467
Gotcha, good point. Is it a consensus that the Hugo2 drives the LCD-4 to or close to its full potential?

an amateur in audiophile equipment, I’ve used the opinions of others, looking specifically at anything even nearing consensus, for guidance.

it’s served me well—-Mojo and later Hugo 2.

the suggestions of which filter to use with which music and what specifically to listen for, has helped a great deal in adding to my enjoyment.

I’ve neither the time nor the means to try many avenues, and have come to count on certain posters for reliable guidance. Those with time & means are often generous in sharing their views.

in the end, I’ve not always agreed, but many times I have and I love the results.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #17,480 of 22,467
I wouldn't think it will be any different to the Poly experience, Chord is only a small company with limited software resource so I can't imagine they would throw away all the money, time and effort spent on Poly. If they did then 2Go will most likely have another completely different set of problems and issues.

I personally got myself an Xudoo X10T II, connected it to the Hugo2 with an optical cable and it just works.

Yes I'm a bit annoyed that Chord treats Android users as second class citizens, with the app issues and overall Poly experience but with counselling I think I've moved on now, maybe. :wink:

Really impressive connection options on those Xudoo.

Nov 22, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #17,482 of 22,467
Does anybody know how to purchase additional stock Hugo 2 usb cables? I like the cable and looking to purchase more. I'm talking about the usb cable that comes with Hugo 2.

Also, looking for stock Chord Type A to B usb cable, likely comes with something like Hugo TT or DAVE.

Who do they source their usb cables from?

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2019 at 5:52 AM Post #17,483 of 22,467
20191123_183914.jpg

Got my replacement H2 today just in time to try the new case that arrived as well.
Highly recommend this guy for cases, Valentinum on Etsy. Very nice build quality for the price.

Nov 23, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #17,484 of 22,467
Does anybody know how to purchase additional stock Hugo 2 usb cables? I like the cable and looking to purchase more. I'm talking about the usb cable that comes with Hugo 2.

Also, looking for stock Chord Type A to B usb cable, likely comes with something like Hugo TT or DAVE.

Who do they source their usb cables from?

I can recommend https://curiouscables.com/ only time I seriously heard a significant difference playing from a Mac book Pro to my Mojo and CH2 to HD800, also used the AQ jitterbug,gives slightly darker but more amicable and smoother sound picture, used the 28cm cable which cost ard usd 178, not cheap but worth it if you would use it a laptop or similar...just my 2 cents...

Nov 25, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #17,486 of 22,467
Nov 27, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #17,487 of 22,467
Come on Chord, its almost december, why its still a secret when the private show for new product release will be held? And since John Franks @Mojo ideas already gave us a hint its not a secret at all :) We think every day about this, help us!

Nov 27, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #17,488 of 22,467
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back